Am I likely to get anywhere? (Voda customer complaint)

Soldato
Out of interest, is 'tier a' a reference to the price plan and thus how important a customer is? Just curious.

Glad you got it sorted.

Companies will vary how it's done but basically lets do it the Capcom way and do the following which is roughly applicable to all companies. Do not be offended by the below, think of it from the company POV and you're competing against them because that's exactly what you're trying to do - the best deal for the best price. The company wants the worst deal for the worst price :)

£100+ PCM S-Class. If you're this class you'll get comp'ed phones, mega early upgrades, huge deals, the ability to get whatever you want. You probably make 6 figures plus and spend your life on the phone which is why you spend £100+ PCM though :)

£35+ PCM/iPhone High A-Class. Very profitable, very easy to milk money from, probably like us if you're willing to spend this amount on us, high ARPU = happy shareholders.

£25+ PCM or iPhone Low B-Class. Same as A Class although you probably never go over your minutes etc... Androids fall into here a lot of the time but the high ones fall into A class. The middle classes, each company has a lot of them and they make a fair return but every company wishes they would convert to A class. B to A conversion focus is known as the "grow strat" which a certain bubble faced brand keeps trying to do currently (but in totally my own opinion is failing miserably).

£18-25 PCM C Class, hard to generate a decent APRU out of, questionable if holding onto customers around the bottom end is worth it at all, companies are tight fisted and so are the consumers.

Everything else: D class, don't expect a good deal on renewal. When people goto retentions and they get offered deals that are worse than on websites they usually fall into this band (or low C)

Allow for one grade jump if you go over minutes a lot or for at least 4 months where you go 100% over contract (due to outside minute usage or abroad).

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
OP
That's a really interesting insight, thanks. I'm not sure whether I'll be in that A banding mind, as although it's a high monthly fee, it's on a 12 month contract. Although I suppose if I continue on that at the end of the contract they will be making a mint.

Regardless, I'm happy with how I've been dealt with and if come renewall there is a phone I want voda will not be off my list :)

Associate
Got a callback after using the CEO direct email, they have credited my account with £20. Basically means I've paid a fiver for a second handset to take to festivals, use as a spare in the car etc.

The high up customer relations team get a big thumbs up from me, got back to me within 24 working hours :)

Glad you got it sorted. I found emailing the CEO directly and having one of his team look at it was the only way to get things sorted at Vodafone and have since left them.

Back
Top Bottom