Am I old or do Audi just have no clue on how to do Sport chassis.

Man of Honour
The B7 A4 S-Line TDi 140bhp (I wished the rear badge said all that!) my wife had was very poorly sorted and awful on bumpy roads. It's steering defined 'numbness' and it's brakes used to apply on the suction from shutting the arm rest, they were THAT over servoed. You could feel the nose heavy engine and when pushed relatively hard it all fell appart. On a smooth road it was relaxing, quiet and a comfortable cruiser, but sadly as soon as the track moved from Silverstone to Englandshire it became very annoying and did what it could to break your spine.

My RS4 was a smoother ride in all circumstances, need I say more.

Permabanned
OP
Woohoo - how much is it setting you back if you dont mind me asking?

On the S-Line suspension, its never caused me any problems, i dont notice its overly hard but it has to be said that Audi could improve their damping a bit. Likewise I dont have a problem with brake feel or steering, its a car, i like cars, it gets me from A-B and i'm not out to be a racing driver on the roads. You can drive like a nob on track days, no need to take every corner with tyres squeeling on the limit cos its cool - its not.

With private fuel its costing 180. Had I not gone for the options it would have been 130.

Back
Top Bottom