Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars suck?

Associate
Been [re]watching Star Wars lately and so far I find it to be extremely childish and somehow annoying. I don't mind cartoons and animated movies there and then. But Star Wars is like 5 y/o material.

Am I the only one? Star Trek is a much better franchise.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Aside from the original 3 movies and to a degree Rogue One (it was originally aimed at a much more adult audience but Disney had it tweaked) the rest are largely pitched at a younger audience. Personally I think you need to be about 5 to enjoy TLJ especially.

The original 3 are great escapism even if today some aspects seem a bit child like.

Caporegime
Been [re]watching Star Wars lately and so far I find it to be extremely childish and somehow annoying. I don't mind cartoons and animated movies there and then. But Star Wars is like 5 y/o material.

Am I the only one? Star Trek is a much better franchise.
I've never been a fan of starwars, I don't like the early startrek movies/series either though.

I rewatched voyager during lockdown thoroughly enjoyed it :D

I don't know if I could do the picard series again beverly krusher? or whatever her name was and her kid were annoying as hell

Caporegime
I think its one of those franchises that is remembered fondly because it broke new ground when it was initially released.

Im not a huge fan, i dont dislike the films, i will watch them if someone puts them on, but i wont go out of my way.

Associate
OP
I've never been a fan of starwars, I don't like the early startrek movies/series either though.

I rewatched voyager during lockdown thoroughly enjoyed it :D

I don't know if I could do the picard series again beverly krusher? or whatever her name was and her kid were annoying as hell

Wesley Crusher (Wil Wheaton) is known to be as the most annoying character on the show.

Star Trek the original series, animated series and some of the movies are fine. First movies sucked.

Star Trek next generation is awesome. Picard and Deep space 9 are good too.

Voyager isn't great but is watchable. There are just a few good characters like the doctor and Seven (and her nice rack). The episode with the doctor fighting romulans was the best.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency." :p

I found Neelix to be irritating as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
for me
Voyager > next generation > DS9

but I'd imagine most people are probably the opposite way.

maybe it's because sky1 always had voyager on as I got home from school.

yea neelix was annoying and I wasn't that fond of kes either

I think with DS9 I didn't really like most of the characters, maybe my opinion would differ if I forced my self to watch it again since it's probably 10-20 years ago when I last watched any of it.

Soldato
thought it was awesome when I was 7 or 8 - which says it all. Tried watching a bit of Phantom Menace when it was on TV cos i'd heard the ray parks fight was awesome [nope!] and the dialogue was so horrific I had to mute it until the relevant bit came on.
Rogue One however, is fantastic.

Soldato
There are only 3 Star Wars films, they were released between 1977 and 1983.

One is excellent, one is good and one has a decent space battle but teddies.

The world created in the OT is what holds my interest more than the actual films and their flaws. It's the lived in look of the costumes and sets, the places it sends your own imagination. The bounty hunters for example in ESB, we never get their back story but you invent your own ideas about who they are and how they operate.

Once the universe was fleshed out it lost it's charm.

Harmey's despecialized edition forever!!!

https://originaltrilogy.com/

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't say it sucks, I think as a whole it's disappointing.

I've watched them all, but like the Marvel movies, there's only a few I've watched more than once.

I think last one made me appreciate just how little I care about it now. I spent the first five minute wondering WTF! and the next two hours yawning (walking out was seriously considered). Tbf the tug o war scene did make me laugh.

Caporegime
I think I only ever saw star wars movies to the one with that stupid jar jar binks character clone wars?

I tried watching the recent starwars films during lock down and managed about 20minutes

Last edited:
Man of Honour

The world created in the OT is what holds my interest more than the actual films and their flaws. It's the lived in look of the costumes and sets, the places it sends your own imagination. The bounty hunters for example in ESB, we never get their back story but you invent your own ideas about who they are and how they operate.

This guy gets it :cool:

Soldato
isn't that a bit mean towards autistic people?
I am diagnosed with "high functioning autism"

No offence intended to anyone with autism, just a throwaway comment to how bad they are :)

I've edited my comment, was maybe somewhat insensitive.

I guess they went down well with the types of people who go to conventions, maybe they are the type of people who get to see preview screenings of the movies and give feed back as well....

I've got two die hard Star Wars fan mates who absolutely fit the description above and they pretty much detest the last two of the new trilogy.

Soldato

Best, most accurate answer ever.

Soldato

100% this. The OT and Rogue One are the only films worth watching IMO and despecialized are the best version.

I know I’ve said about it before on here but can’t remember who to so apologise if I’m repeating myself. But if you haven’t already, look up project 4k77, 4k80 and 4k83

Back
Top Bottom