Am I the only that prefers PES over FIFA?

Soldato
It looks like everyone has moved onto FIFA over the past few years. ISS/PES used to be the football game everyone played, now FIFA is that game.

I've always been an ISS/PES fan over the FIFA series. Ever since the snes/64 days I've bought and played the hell out of every ISS/PES up untill 2004-2005 when I started to loose interest in them.

I just downloaded FIFA 09/10 demo and the PES 09 demo. I still don't like FIFA that much, I don't know what it is about the FIFA games but I never got on with them. I really enjoyed the PES 09 demo and will probably get back into football games when PES10 comes out.

Am I the only one that prefers PES over FIFA these days? Or am I missing some huge difference between the two games?

Soldato
I play PES 09 nearly every day at work and love it. Can't stand the latest FIFA 10 demo, however oddly I did play FIFA 09 for a bit and found it OK.

Given the choice, I would probably stay with PES.

Associate
i was FIFA for many years from 98 through to 2007, PES6 captured me but then lost me when PES2008 came out. I can't see myself going back to PES because i think FIFA are that far ahead.

Soldato
Still play PES '09 nearly every Saturday at mates house with the lads, have done since PES 07 :) We'll most likely be moving onto PES 10 when that comes out, although last year we nearly went for Fifa 09 since it was better.

Soldato
To be honest

since way back when - to pes 5/6 is when PES was the actual football game, fifa was useless

But then, rather than stick with a winning formula, pes just seems to have gone, well useless, regardless of what FIFA has done, PES 5 with better gfx would sell, so why do 09/10 suck (IMO)

Then we come back to fifa, who have actually pulled their finger out and created a much higher quality game IMO
I found scoring in FIFA a lot easier. I would just hit the ball and it would go in most the times. In PES, its much harder.

*Playing both the demos on hard against AI

IMO PES is way to easy to score, and FIFA I struggle (against AI on hard) different opinions I suppose

Don
PES boy all the way until 6.

I played the FIFA 08 demo, enjoyed it, changed over to that, tried the latest PES at the time, didn't like it, gave it a good battering too.
FIFA 09 got even better and now judging from the FIFA 10 demo, EA are producing each year an even greater footballing game. It's fantastic

My most anticipated game each year is FIFA now, love them. Never did I think I'd be saying this after playing the atrocious FIFA 07 back in the day.

All my friends converted now, few still play PES but purely as they haven't given FIFA the time or day really. I don't really understand how people can not like FIFA tbh but each to their own :)

Associate
PE5 was awesome, and like others have said the series has gone downhill ever since. Tried the Pro Evo 10 demo last night on my PS3 and deleted it after a couple of games, awful :( never thought I'd be a FIFA fan but it's just so much more fun to play :)

Associate
PES boy all the way until 6.

I played the FIFA 08 demo, enjoyed it, changed over to that, tried the latest PES at the time, didn't like it, gave it a good battering too.
FIFA 09 got even better and now judging from the FIFA 10 demo, EA are producing each year an even greater footballing game. It's fantastic

My most anticipated game each year is FIFA now, love them. Never did I think I'd be saying this after playing the atrocious FIFA 07 back in the day.

All my friends converted now, few still play PES but purely as they haven't given FIFA the time or day really. I don't really understand how people can not like FIFA tbh but each to their own :)

I would have to this pretty much sums up my actions and feeling spot on. After Fifa 96 on the Megadrive I don't think I owned another one until 08. The only reason I played that was because Pro online was a complete mess and people here were saying it was actually quite a decent game.

Soldato
I've been steadfastly PES upto and including PES09, I tried the Fifa 09 demo last year but for some reason it played like it was on rails. I know PES is not immune to certain scripted events but Fifa seemed like a series of set events strung together with the odd button press. I didn't like it basically, so PES09 occupied me all last year and this, although I play nothing but master league. I tried the Fifa 10 demo this year and it feels better somehow, but the deal breaker for me is that you can't seem to control movement with the d-pad and try as I might I cannot get on with football games and the ps3 pad sticks for movement. Unless someone tells me you can control movement with the d-pad in the full game then it will be PES10 for me this year.

Associate
Apart from Fifa 98 rtwc with the great indoor mode Ive always been a pretty die hard PES fan. In the last couple of years though the Fifa games have made up so much ground and with the two demos to go by I think Im going with Fifa this time round.

Soldato
Never been into PES. I just don't understand how people can bark on about realism when it feels so arcadey. The players don't even move close to correctly.

Also it's a stupid game to play. I've made perfect slide tackles on it and gotten booked. Most block tackles end up with a foul given the other way. What's the point of a football game if tackling is an offence? :confused:

It's the kinda game that would work fine in an arcade. For actual realism, FIFA has always been the leader IMO. Even back when EA churned out the same crap year after year (2001-2006) it still felt better to play.

Konami need to take PES back for a complete engine overhaul. Just my $0.02.

Caporegime
I prefer PES but won't buy this years release unless it gets good reviews and good user feedback and going by the last few releases I don't hold too much hope. Having said that I'd never buy FIFA because it just feels so wrong after playing PES.

Back
Top Bottom