Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Caporegime
Getting fed up with Prime. They used to be awesome, same day delivery on many products and guaranteed next day for 99% of their stock. My Astro A50s died so I want to order new ones. £250 on Amazon which is the going rate, great thinks I, I'll order it on Prime Now and have it in a couple of hours. Price? £350. £100 more for same day delivery. Fair enough, I can use an alternative for the night and get them delivered tomorrow. Can I? No. Wednesday soonest. It's not like I live in the sticks either.

Prime cancelled. Not worth paying extra for delivery which can be had free elsewhere.

/Rant

Soldato
They had an issue few weeks back where the systems wiped customers ‘weekend’ delivery preferences. I had an issue few weeks back where come Friday anything I wanted would state Tues or Weds earliest, after speaking to them on chat they told me about the system issue and made me re add my address and enable weekend delivery. Ever since then it’s worked like it used to.

Soldato
Thing is although it says Prime, you need to check who the seller is. If it's sold by Amazon.co.uk, it's usually next day. If its another company selling then be prepared to wait a little longer.

Soldato
It is £250 for me on Prime Now (Xbox). 8am-10am slot if I wanted.

Xbox version Monday and PS4 Wednesday for priority delivery (free for prime members) on standard website, prime delivery not available. Normally this happens because of stock.

Soldato
Amazon is such hit and miss with me lately.

Had one other week next day to show up 3 days later. Moaned and got a promo credit as I ain't paid for prime in ages due to late deliveries or issues so I'm on there credits still.

Yet I ordered cables 11:50pm Thursday for delivery Saturday. Turned up 3.15 on Friday. Makes no sense at times

Caporegime
OP
So what’s the alternative? How much would you have paid and how soon could you have got them elsewhere?

Haven't really looked tbh. I just had a whinge at them on chat and they've given me £7 in credit to use so that's something I guess. These Bose don't sound anything near my Astros for gaming :(

Associate
In fairness Prime has been excellent for me, there's been two times a package hasn't been on time and both times they've comped me a few months prime so yeah it's decent.

Back
Top Bottom