Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
We've had a few packages turn up with Hermes recently. It took emailing the CEO to get any form of customer service from them. They've been reliable since.

Amazon Deliveries and DPD still offer fantastic delivery service when they've been used though

Ah joy, Hermes. Ordered something via a seller on Amazon and the box turned up obviously opened they didn't even bother to reseal it some of the gubbins had gone missing. Had to contact the seller they wanted photos etc presumably to make a claim and said they'll send the missing bits separately. I did warn them change their courier but what I know eh? Other than having stuff stolen by them in the past.

Man of Honour
Ordered a wireless headset on Amazon yesterday which stated Amazon Prime delivered on Saturday. Not next day but only two days so I went for it. Completed checkout and it stated delivered on Monday. It got dispatched late this afternoon. What is the point of paying for Prime when you can't even get your items within 2 days let alone next day?

Soldato
My Prime expired last October. Can't say I've missed it that much. Still get crappy Amazon Logistics delivering at random times of the day (mostly very late in the day). I do wish Amazon would stop putting their 'resubscribe' link right in the way when I go to checkout. Obvious why they do it but I have to pause and make sure I don't click it every time.

Soldato
Ordered a wireless headset on Amazon yesterday which stated Amazon Prime delivered on Saturday. Not next day but only two days so I went for it. Completed checkout and it stated delivered on Monday. It got dispatched late this afternoon. What is the point of paying for Prime when you can't even get your items within 2 days let alone next day?

You need to put in basket then in checkout check the delivery.

Otherwise it sometimes changes it lol

Soldato
Between the four of us in the house, we generally have a few Amazon deliveries a week and 99% of the time it's their own drivers. They're still fine, we normally get our deliveries mid afternoon and without fail, it's always next day. I've got so accustomed to it that it's frustrating to order from anywhere else and have to wait a few days.

This, Amazon were very clever with prime - shopping anywhere else feels like an absolute ball ache - ill even buy off amazon if its a couple of quid more expensive just because its so much quicker, easier, slicker etc. The irony is I hate mega huge companies, but its just the convenience factor :(

I've always always hated going proper shopping with a passion, I've been to a 'proper' shop maybe 12-15 times in the past 18-20 years, hate crowds, hate shopping, detest city centres - so amazon was always going to be my ideal shopping experience.

Soldato
This, Amazon were very clever with prime - shopping anywhere else feels like an absolute ball ache - ill even buy off amazon if its a couple of quid more expensive just because its so much quicker, easier, slicker etc. The irony is I hate mega huge companies, but its just the convenience factor :(

I've always always hated going proper shopping with a passion, I've been to a 'proper' shop maybe 12-15 times in the past 18-20 years, hate crowds, hate shopping, detest city centres - so amazon was always going to be my ideal shopping experience.
Sorry but you genuinely sound like an Amazon shareholder with a bit of free time on their hands.

Associate

Agree, not a big fan of shopping either, Jeff Bezos has got this sussed........I always say it's too convenient, made it really easy to spend unnecessarily (but I suppose that's the whole point).

Soldato
Agree, not a big fan of shopping either, Jeff Bezos has got this sussed........I always say it's too convenient, made it really easy to spend unnecessarily (but I suppose that's the whole point).

Yes this, an as I mentioned on my previous post, I get really stressed/nervous in city centres/shops (incase any wise commenting person thinks im trying to big something up when im not).........so its not only the convenience but also it avoids so much stress - I just wish there was an 'as fast' and easy way for small independent retailers - the closest iv seen for a universal purchasing system (but doesn't guarantee posting speed) is online shops with Apple Pay, using apple computers I can fairly easily just press buy/pay and my address etc is all sent to other websites almost as fast as amazon - but not all 3rd party websites support the full apple pay experience, some you still need to enter ur address etc etc

Soldato
Err... the Amazon website is terrible and cluttered with utter junk these days. There is zero curation and its full of fake reviews which makes finding a product difficult unless you know exactly what you want.

That said I also don't see why people pay for prime when delivery is free for over £20 or £10 for books. I always seem to get my free delivery packages within 2 days, prime is a waste of money.

Soldato
Err... the Amazon website is terrible and cluttered with utter junk these days. There is zero curation and its full of fake reviews which makes finding a product difficult unless you know exactly what you want.

That said I also don't see why people pay for prime when delivery is free for over £20 or £10 for books. I always seem to get my free delivery packages within 2 days, prime is a waste of money.
Prime Is not a waste of money,

Prime video is worth it just for that

Soldato

Agreed. I only go 'proper' shopping if I absolutely have to. Can't stand crowds dithering around blocking my way when all I want is to get a couple of items and get back home again. Never liked cities either, though I live within ~30 mins driving range of two if I really need to.

Soldato
Ordered a bracelet from Amazon for mothers day.

Package arrived, plastic wrapping, the small soft pouch that the bracelet is usually in, open the pouch. Nothing....Nothing in the box or anything.

Spoke to Amazon on chat function - refunded the money via giftcard to my account in under an hour. £50. I can re-order it as it's from a 3rd party supplier... Can't fault that in the slightest - They didn't even ask for pictures of the packaging or anything.

Can you imagine taking that back to a retail shop after ordering online....No way would they be refunding

Once again - fantastic service - 20 years of shopping online with them and can't honestly say I've EVER had a single issue.

Soldato
Actually cancelled my Prime when it expired in late 2020 after many years of paying for it. Had the student thing at £39, but at full £79 I kinda had to question the value as I don't use the video part of it much.

Can't say that I missed it that much, my subscribe and save orders aren't affected and I generally just wait until I can get a few things to hit the £20 free delivery limit so frankly, found myself ordering less things which is good. For more expensive items I'm basically unaffected, delivery still only seems to take a few days.

Soldato

OOOoooo watch out the cult Amazon followers will have you mate "tHeRe tHe mArKeT leAdEr fOr a rEaSoN"

I'll happily pay extra not to buy from Amazon, you will all be sorry when Amazon own everything, pretty sure there was a Black Mirror episode about one massive conglomerate and they never end well xD

Soldato

Amazon is absolutely terrible for searching a particular item out. You can zero in the item but then you get a long list of crap with no way to narrow the search parameters. Like the other day, I was trying to find some decent orange pedals and orange grips for my MTB, and the only options to narrow the search down were these.

JxSfLk7.png

You can't even select the material or colour and the choice of Brands is ridiculous. And if you try to be specific in the search box you just a list of cheap and tatty Chinese ****.

Back
Top Bottom