Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Used to fairly regularly review products on Amazon but I also received their 'this review is not acceptable' email probably 1/2 dozen times. As they never had the decency to tell me what was actually wrong with my reviews (nothing as far as I could tell), I gave up writing them too.

Associate
I was also banned from reviewing products on Amazon a long time ago, no specific reason given and I only remember making a handful of reviews. I assume they automatically ban you if you leave too many less than perfect reviews as it doesn't help them sell stuff. Reviews on any retailer's website are almost always going to be heavily biased with tons of fake reviews and many negative reviews censored. Even on OCUK I've seen people mention that their negative review isn't shown.

Caporegime
I was also banned from reviewing products on Amazon a long time ago, no specific reason given and I only remember making a handful of reviews. I assume they automatically ban you if you leave too many less than perfect reviews as it doesn't help them sell stuff. Reviews on any retailer's website are almost always going to be heavily biased with tons of fake reviews and many negative reviews censored. Even on OCUK I've seen people mention that their negative review isn't shown.
fake reviews are meant to be illegal in the UK.

I guess there's a massive loophole though

look at any supermarket website, the reviews on vegetarian burgers etc always stand out to me...

it's either mostly 5 stars or 1 stars saying the texture is like cardboard, had to feed it the dog etc :D

there's no way people who shop in iceland are writing these grammatically correct long winded reviews.... it's clearly marketing and the manufacturer trying to hang on to some fake reputation

Soldato
I noticed on Amazon you can now only say if a review is helpful but not unhelpful.

For example, I was looking at a movie pre-order page and some absolute spanner has given a one star review because there is a placeholder date of 31/12/22 and the entire premise of their review is it’s one star because they shouldn’t put something up for pre-order 12 months in advance, which isn’t the case anyway. But you can’t say it’s unhelpful or even reply to the review.

Of course, it shouldn’t be possible to submit a review on something that hasn’t even been released anyway.

Soldato
Haven't you realised yet that you're no longer allowed to say anything bad about anyone or anything; it's all about inclusivity and not upsetting the **********! :p

[Edit] I'm not sure how a flake of snow constitutes a swear word ... more PC nonsense.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I hate those morons that respond to a product question with the answer “I don’t know? I don’t own it”.

Ooooookay.

Associate
Used to fairly regularly review products on Amazon but I also received their 'this review is not acceptable' email probably 1/2 dozen times. As they never had the decency to tell me what was actually wrong with my reviews (nothing as far as I could tell), I gave up writing them too.

Yeah, does my head in, don't bother asking unless you want an honest opinion, I had this recently with a PC I bought (I'm happy with the purchase but knew there was a slight compromise):

https://overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/asus-rog-strix-pre-built.18944636/

Soldato
Exactly that type of thing. Completely honest review with nothing wrong with it, but not published purely because there's a miniscule chance it may negatively affect sales. Quite pathetic really. If you don't want people to honestly review stuff, don't give them the option.

hux

hux

Soldato
Quick question, bought a watch only to find it's coming from Italy, DHL tried to hit me with taxes, so put the delivery on hold, and told them to send it back.
They want the sender to contact them, who is refusing to and is adamant there's no duty as they paid it (yeah right) and is trying to force me to take it.
But I already have the watch, as I've bought the same model only this time through prime.
I'm assuming dsr applies?

Soldato
I assume it’s from a marketplace seller rather than Amazon itself?

I would have thought U.K. law only applies to entities in the U.K.

Amazons policy likely goes well above DSR though so that would be the first port of call.

Why did you buy the item twice with the intention of sending one back?

Man of Honour
I hate those morons that respond to a product question with the answer “I don’t know? I don’t own it”.

Ooooookay.
I think its people being emailed from Amazon to answer a question and they think they're replying to someone direct or something?

hux

hux

Soldato
I assume it’s from a marketplace seller rather than Amazon itself?

I would have thought U.K. law only applies to entities in the U.K.

Amazons policy likely goes well above DSR though so that would be the first port of call.

Why did you buy the item twice with the intention of sending one back?

Well when I ordered it, it wasn't made clear it was coming from Italy, I just assumed it being Amazon it would be from here.
But when I found out I thought oh ok carry on, until DHL slapped me with a £110 import charge.
I thought no chance, so cancelled the delivery and made sure that the next order would be prime, as I had a feeling sending back the first one would be a drawn out process, of which I was right.

I do feel for the seller, as they did nothing wrong.
Yes you can go into details and perhaps find out where is coming from, but it's tricky as the seller is UK registered but actually operates in Italy, why I don't know perhaps it's a tax dodge?
Even the name of the business is English, so no suspicion there.
Anyway they've said they'll arrange with DHL to take it back.
So I'll just wait and see what Amazon does.

Soldato
fake reviews are meant to be illegal in the UK.

I guess there's a massive loophole though

look at any supermarket website, the reviews on vegetarian burgers etc always stand out to me...

it's either mostly 5 stars or 1 stars saying the texture is like cardboard, had to feed it the dog etc :D

there's no way people who shop in iceland are writing these grammatically correct long winded reviews.... it's clearly marketing and the manufacturer trying to hang on to some fake reputation

We've been sent stuff before for Amazon sellers and asked for a review, totally unsolicited too. Just a "keep it if you want to" deal.

All of it was trash and I made sure my review reflected it :) I think I may have rated a cat bed a 2/5 as the cat did use it the first night it was on the radiator.

Soldato
It's a long, long time since I thought Prime delivery was good. I used to love it. Now I find that Amazon is often :
  • More expensive
  • Regular late deliveries
  • Customer services is total pants
  • Full of individual traders with slow deliveries and on-existent support
  • I do not believe the reviews are genuine
I've cancelled Prime before, only started again because I wanted to watch some of the series on Video, plus there's been some cracking free games lately. I use Amazon for shopping as little as possible, but sometimes the convenience overcomes me.

Soldato
That said I also don't see why people pay for prime when delivery is free for over £20 or £10 for books. I always seem to get my free delivery packages within 2 days, prime is a waste of money.

I agree, I do not like Amazon's website, or the shopping experience. That being said, Amazon Prime is absolutely worth it depending on what you want, and how you use it. For me, it's both the video streaming service, and the free games. I just got Jedi Fallen Order thanks to having Prime. In fact between them and Epic, I've onlu bought two games in about 5 years.

Soldato
I agree, I do not like Amazon's website, or the shopping experience. That being said, Amazon Prime is absolutely worth it depending on what you want, and how you use it. For me, it's both the video streaming service, and the free games. I just got Jedi Fallen Order thanks to having Prime. In fact between them and Epic, I've onlu bought two games in about 5 years.
O how do you get free games From them?

Back
Top Bottom