Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
So I bought a foldable BT keyboard from Amazon costing £29, and in the box was a card offering £15 for a 5-star review, or £20 for a 5-star review with video. Checking the review list reveals lots of 5-star reviews and many more than usual with video content. Basically the seller was buying reviews and people were falling for it. It p'd me off so I submitted a 1-star review saying what they were up to with added photo of the card insert with the offer, while pointing out most of the reviews probably couldn't be trusted and asking if a potential buyer really wanted to trust a seller who would do this? Of course Amazon rejected my review because of 'Inappropriate Content' and wouldn't publish it and the item is still on sale. So much for Amazon taking a lead in dealing with fake reviews then. I can't see any other link for reporting this problem other than going through the usual 'customer services' which is not an enjoyable prospect.

Soldato
So I bought a foldable BT keyboard from Amazon costing £29, and in the box was a card offering £15 for a 5-star review, or £20 for a 5-star review with video. Checking the review list reveals lots of 5-star reviews and many more than usual with video content. Basically the seller was buying reviews and people were falling for it. It p'd me off so I submitted a 1-star review saying what they were up to with added photo of the card insert with the offer, while pointing out most of the reviews probably couldn't be trusted and asking if a potential buyer really wanted to trust a seller who would do this? Of course Amazon rejected my review because of 'Inappropriate Content' and wouldn't publish it and the item is still on sale. So much for Amazon taking a lead in dealing with fake reviews then. I can't see any other link for reporting this problem other than going through the usual 'customer services' which is not an enjoyable prospect.
Email Jeff.

Man of Honour

It is interesting - they've thrown some brands off for it - yet don't touch others who are quite clearly doing it.

Soldato
[slightly tongue-in-cheek]See, what you should have done is, give a five-star review, taken the voucher, then changed the review to one-star :p[/]

I've had a couple of similar cards from things I've bought off Amazon, and I have accepted the vouchers for writing a review, but I only wrote a review after actually using the product and deciding I did actually like it. So while there are probably a large amount of fake reviews because of it, you can't assume they're all fake. That said, I do get your point and don't actually blame you for trying to let the public know, though it doesn't surprise me that Amazon blocked you from doing it.

Caporegime
I'm going to go out on a limb and say amazon are no longer competitive.

I don't have prime and amazon now rarely features in my searching.
A couple of years ago amazon was my go to. Even without prime.

I've bought 3 things from amazon this year. A record low.
I've bought more from argos than amazon.
Onbuy feature now too

Have to say I would never have predicted currys, argos etc would be cheaper amazon for a lot of things I buy.
It's usually the delivery charge that puts amazon off the cards. So I can see if you have prime they are still a good bet.

Some of the savings at currys last black Friday (plus top cashback) were amazing.

Caporegime
I'm surprised Amazon don't make their own packaging given the size of the company. There's machinery around that'll make custom sized boxes in small quantities, it'd save them a fortune.
not using nay boxes probably saves them a small fortune although it means you don't really have any privacy and the delivery person and potentially any neighbours can see exactly what you are getting delivered.

on my last order I had about 8 items and they all came at the same time but only two lots were packaged together so the guy had to scan 6 different packages.
everything was directly sold by amazon, prime delivery too and ordered as one.

I know they don't all come from the same warehouse and you can see that on the tracking for each item, but they still all end up together at the closet warehouse waiting for dispatch.
I'm surprised it doesn't make sense to bundle them together at that point.

Associate
Didn’t know amazon had opened up its delivery service to outside companies. Ordered something online and got shipping notification from amazon shipping, thought it was a scam at 1st but turns out amazon are using the spare capacity in their network to deliver other company’s parcels.

Back
Top Bottom