1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 18 Nov 2020.

1. p_nut_uk

Associate

Yeah honestly at the same price point I dunno why you would go AMD

2. ICDP

Mobster

Yeah, saw that one myself and thought £810 for a GPU that is not actually in stock. No thanks.

This must truly rank as the worst PC hardware release in history and AMD really did have to eff up big time to beat some of the other doozys.

3. Kashinoda

Gangster

What price point?

People keep talking about value and features with these cards, I don't get it, It's nye impossible to get either, they're both terrible value.

4. AmokBSN

Associate

Surely a larger benefit to going AMD would be for the VRAM alone? That's pretty much my main decision

5. LordV

Associate

I may just do the case mod I had planned to increase air flow, wring a bit more out of my 1070ti and revise my FPS expectations until March next year.

6. PESolution

Mobster

i cant see the listings?

7. 413x

Capodecina

I kind of hope people leave the pc gaming space if people keep buying why should anything change?

I'm not sure what other streams nvidia generate profit from. But amd obviously have the hardware wrapped up in consumer consoles..

I've never seen anything like this in the years of pc gaming.
    Pre owned 1080ti on ebay for 400 with bids?

No thanks

8. MrNoodles

Associate

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
  9. mattyfc

Associate

Just wait till next year I guess. No stock so prices are ridiculous now.

It's really not surprising given there is plenty of 5 series stock to clear first. Guess AMD have prioritised the consoles for now.

10. wayne1676

Associate

These prices are not making any sense. I love gaming and building systems but these costs during Covid are ridiculous, maybe Covid is having an effect on production.

11. treacle

Gangster

I need flashing lights lol

12. TheMoeBlob

Gangster

Don't hold hopes for next year, brexit is going to **** up everything distribution wise

13. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

buying a 3090 seems more apealing each time a release date is missed, i know one store thats taking preorders too.

14. TroyH

Associate

At these price points for AIB I'll just wait on a 3080 for DLSS etc... The NVIDIA features are more feasible for the medium-longterm longevity of this purchase to me than the 10 vs 16gb VRAM. Either way the wait for any GPU is ridiculous at the moment. AMD may have just shot themselves in the foot

15. Tinek

Gangster

Or 6900XT when it's released (in tiny numbers most likely). With the MSRP for that one it's actually barely any more expensive than AIBs for 6800XT or 3080.

16. ScottiB

OcUK Systems

@Tinek is 100% correct. All of the 3080 cards which hit MSRP at launch were based on back end manufacturer, limited quantity, price support. We oversold on every one of these, yet we honoured the price despite not having enough support to cover it.

17. KentMan

Hitman

You can buy the top end EVGA FTW 3080 for cheaper than the average 6800XT... thats how bad it is... i think i'll be buying direct from EVGA, will sell my Freesync screen if its not Gsync compatible and get something that is, probably ditch my 3800X and X570 as well for Intel, atleast those are in stock!

18. varkanoid

Capodecina

well they didnt have 10 if you have to wait 38 days :)

19. p_nut_uk

Associate

Do you honestly think you'll get one for near RRP?

20. Zernath

Wise Guy

Distribution was **** before Brexit, just another excuse for incompetence.