• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
No but the online shopping market has increased a lot since then, as has the PC gaming market. Also, lockdown has meant a lot more people stuck at home, in many cases, with a lot of spare cash (no boozy weekends, no holidays & less car travel) Plus, for once, these cards aren't pushing £1000.

It all adds up to one crazy launch after another.

I know you can't sell before the launch date but cant you do a register interest with a deposit system? I know some stores did that for PS5's and then you'd just pay the balance on launch day. That was a stress free experience.

Associate
I just checked my spam folder and found email from AMD directly with unique links to buy 6800XT or 6700 card on their website, sent 13:40 (20 minutes before lunch)! :( Damn, why did it end up in spam! :/ £587 price to that.

That said, still nothing from OcUK about PC 6800XT shipping.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just got shipping notice. My order went through at "Date ordered: 18/11/2020 14:37:21"

Goods Shipped:

£499.99 x 1 - Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *VERY LIMITED STOCK*

We have some more of these spare, those who want one, I shall post on the forum tomorrow in the morning to give you a heads up before I enable the order button, so hopefully forum members can grab one if they so wish.

Associate
200 or so cards across the whole country... what the **** AMD. Utterly pointless exercise...

Yeah I think that's the thing... we're all yelling at the stores for their websites falling over, but the real problem is that AMD have effectively lied about the launch. After making a bit show of the launch, only a few UK stores were selling the card and they only had a few hundred cards each. I was watching pretty much every retailer I know of, and most of them never listed them, those that did I never even saw a "buy" button.
I would estimate less than 1000 cards in the whole country and over 10,000 people trying to order in the first 30 mins.

Associate
I know you can't sell before the launch date but cant you do a register interest with a deposit system? I know some stores did that for PS5's and then you'd just pay the balance on launch day. That was a stress free experience.

A lottery system would be nice, so it's not a mad scramble. Just up to random chance

xrs

xrs

Associate
Could OcUK be buying the cards for more money than their competitors? I was wondering if this explains their higher pricing. They seem to have more stock than competitors.

Associate
Probably under NDA but id like to know an idea on prices for the AIB cards. Will the cheapest AIB cards be around the OCUK Prices or will they be £700 - £900?

I'm expecting from £749 to £899 very similiar to 3080 prices. AIB's and retailers aren't going to turn down an easy profit are they?

Soldato
Probably under NDA but id like to know an idea on prices for the AIB cards. Will the cheapest AIB cards be around the OCUK Prices or will they be £700 - £900?

I think there going to end up being crazy expensive, I remember when I bought my Vega 64 AIO I had to wait quite a few months before it reached the £600 I was willing to pay in Nov 2017.

Think they’ll end up being £800+

Associate
I've just received an email saying that overclockers could not avoid overselling. And as a result my Saphire 6800XT order (paid for) is to be cancelled and refunded.. No doubt the bots will be allowed to keep their orders/cards. I struggled like crazy to actually obtain one (which I planned to use in a new AMD setup).. I don't particularly want a refund. I would rather overclockers put me on the list for the next stock (25th November).. Why can this not be done?

Very disappointed and a complete waste of my time and efforts.

One of those that clearly was allowed to keep their order is now selling on ebay with order confirmation/shipping confirmation from overclockers. Cancel their order and let me keep mine.. Surely that would be the right thing to do.

Soldato
We have some more of these spare, those who want one, I shall post on the forum tomorrow in the morning to give you a heads up before I enable the order button, so hopefully forum members can grab one if they so wish.

Any idea what the stock situation will be, is it going to be crazy low counts again?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Shipment update:

Powercolor 6800 XT, all stock has now shipped, we are not expecting to get more, but if we do it shall be a very small amount but looking unlikelty.
Sapphire 6800 XT, all stock has now shipped, we are not expecting any more.

Powercolor 6800, all orders have shipped, we have some spare, these will be available to order tomorrow, I shall post a hint tomorrow morning on the forum as to what time to give forum members a better chance of getting one.
Sapphire 6800, all orders have shipped, we have a large amount spare, these will be available to order tomorrow, I shall post a hint tomorrow morning on the forum as to what time to give forum members a better chance of getting one.

This launch like previous ones has being hugely fustrating, all caused by massive lack of supply. The additional model varieties will go live on our website next Wednesday after 2pm and throughout the day to try and stop the mad rush, but all shall be pre-order with no physical stock which is not expected until end of November / December and again it is small volumes of stock.

Back
Top Bottom