• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
So just wait until the day the price drops to £530? No need to be bitter, let others who want to pay more get it now and wait for when it's at the price you value it at.

The rumour from everyone and what I have heard from one source is those £520 & £599 prices wont happen again and AIB's will be closer to what OcUK is charging now for a reference board design.

Soldato
Honestly I think they will just tweet it and al land they will go in 30 minutes once they do but us on Forum are not willing to pay such high price over their RRP for most part. If there was a forum only discount code or something I bet they would be snapped up fine.

Associate
Are yesterday's reviews and benchmarks indicative of what we can expect from the 6900 XT cards? Would the 6900 XT likely to perform any better at 4K or have better ray tracing?

I've been holding off on buying a GPU (or more accurately joining a queue for one, if I even can do that) until reviews of the 6000 series. But now I'm not so sure what to do.

Associate
The rumour from everyone and what I have heard from one source is those £520 & £599 prices wont happen again and AIB's will be closer to what OcUK is charging now for a reference board design.

Not having a go at you here but check this forum thread out to see how rumours grow and spread and how much weight they have, pretty much nothing. I am sure in the next couple of months we won't see rrp prices, but they'll come down slowly, like they do with every release and eventually they'll be rrp or near enough once there is a lot more stock than buyers. Currently there are thousands of people per unit sold, it makes sense for them to be more expensive.

Soldato
Some people seem very upset at OCUK here. Let's remember, they are a business, they can charge what they deem fit. If you don't want to pay the price, then you don't have to buy it and you can shop elsewhere.

Let's remember some of the added benefits you have buying with OCUK. The 14 day no quibble return is still one of the best benefits for me vs some competitors.

It's highly likely they will still sell and those that buy will be happy with their purchase.

Associate
It's not the price a user values it at.
It's the price AMD has valued it at lol, and this isn't it.

If it sells for X then X is the price that person was willing to pay. AMD or OCUK can charge whatever they like, if it sells it was worth it for those people and if it doesn't, it wasn't. For me it's over priced so i'm not buying it, but you saw them sell, so it was worth it for some people.

Associate
Some people seem very upset at OCUK here. Let's remember, they are a business, they can charge what they deem fit. If you don't want to pay the price, then you don't have to buy it and you can shop elsewhere.

Let's remember some of the added benefits you have buying with OCUK. The 14 day no quibble return is still one of the best benefits for me vs some competitors.

It's highly likely they will still sell and those that buy will be happy with their purchase.

Aren't 14 day returns mandated by law?

Edit: "Online, mail and telephone order customers have the right to cancel their order for a limited time even if the goods are not faulty. Sales of this kind are known as ‘distance selling’.

You must offer a refund to customers if they’ve told you within 14 days of receiving their goods that they want to cancel. They have another 14 days to return the goods once they’ve told you.

You must refund the customer within 14 days of receiving the goods back. They do not have to provide a reason."

Associate

The reason people scalp and that stores extort their customers is because there are people who are willing to be taken for a ride. I'd rather wait and shop at a fair store than feed dirty tactics.

14 day return policy is a law.

Soldato
It's interesting that earlier Gibbo said that they were making under 15% margin on each card at £680

If you remove margin from the 6800xt OCUK price (please correct my bad maths), the cost price is ~£580.

Who is making money on these cards at MSRP? There isn't the volume to support the retailers properly at MSRP

OCUK takes a decision to make a big markup in absolute terms which is unpalatable but they also need to cover the resourcing costs of dealing with this fiasco.

Consumers can't get the cards anyway

I don't entirely understand who actually is making money on the cards because I don't believe they cost £570 to make and distribute.

It all stinks to me.

A 15% markup would not work on the MSRP. To achieve that you would need a better than SPOT FX rate.

Back
Top Bottom