• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
Gibbo said earlier:
"OK guys on the Sapphire 6800 NONE XT we have oversold by 19 units it looks like.

You have two options.
Drop a post in CS forum to change your order to Powercolor version and get it despatched this week as we have 20 in stock.
Or wait until next week when our additional 100pc of Sapphire 6800 NONE XT land and your order will automatically ship out."

They had 65 card 19 oversold but they had 20 powercolor card, you had the chance to change to powercolor, same card just different box.

Yibbo If I was you I would try to call the customer support to ask them maybe its not too late.
Or you can write them on the forum.

Associate
Gibbo said earlier:
"OK guys on the Sapphire 6800 NONE XT we have oversold by 19 units it looks lik
You have two options.
Drop a post in CS forum to change your order to Powercolor version and get it despatched this week as we have 20 in stock.
Or wait until next week when our additional 100pc of Sapphire 6800 NONE XT land and your order will automatically ship out."

They had 65 card 19 oversold but they had 20 powercolor card, you had the chance to change to powercolor, same card just different box.

That is true but until the post yesterday that declared all of the cards shipped, there was no way of knowing if you were one of the unlucky 20 or not. I got my order in quite early relative to when they stopped taking orders so I belived I'd be golden. However, now it's clear that order time wasn't an important factor. There have been no subsequent sales of the powercolour card right? Maybe that offer is still available.

Associate
So my 6800xt has just arrived!

Excited is an understatement...but I have the chore of putting the exterior Xmas lights up first! They will be thrown up, I can guarantee you that.

Still, keeps my Mrs happy.

Associate
That is true but until the post yesterday that declared all of the cards shipped, there was no way of knowing if you were one of the unlucky 20 or not. I got my order in quite early relative to when they stopped taking orders so I belived I'd be golden. However, now it's clear that order time wasn't an important factor. There have been no subsequent sales of the powercolour card right? Maybe that offer is still available.
I think defenietly it's worth to ask them at least on CS forum with order number and worst case scenario they can say sorry this ship is gone now.
It costs nothing to ask.

Associate
Being one of the unlucky ones to have my 6800XT order cancelled, I can only hope I get my refund before next Wednesday, otherwise I will lose out on the secondary launch for AIB's.

OcUK Staff
OP
Thank you for the reply I dont mind waiting but it appears that my order was cancelled this morning with the reason being; "you are not taking pre orders", does this mean I will need to re order when they are in stock? I feel like if more stock was coming in my order shouldn't have been cancelled (it was definitely for the non XT). I'm assuming it's weekend staff confusing the products that are 'pre-order able' but would be good if I could get back in the queue ASAP.

I did request customer services not to cancel the over sales on those cards but I suppose with the stress and workload they are under they have maybe forgotten and cancelled anyway.

The additional 95pc Sapphire will be with us next week, when they land I shall inform the forums again before allowing them to ordered so any forum members wanting one stand a better chance of getting one.

I shall also do the same when the 100pc Powercolor land as well.

You could also drop a post in CS section with your order number and request they change you to a Powercolor card now and link my response here and they should be able to sort that for you next week.

Associate
I did request customer services not to cancel the over sales on those cards but I suppose with the stress and workload they are under they have maybe forgotten and cancelled anyway.

The additional 95pc Sapphire will be with us next week, when they land I shall inform the forums again before allowing them to ordered so any forum members wanting one stand a better chance of getting one.

I shall also do the same when the 100pc Powercolor land as well.

You could also drop a post in CS section with your order number and request they change you to a Powercolor card now and link my response here and they should be able to sort that for you next week.

Thats great to hear! Fingers crossed.

Associate
Brought elsewhere at actual retail price. Why are you all buying at overchargers UK and showing them they can get away with it?

Seems more retailers pushing the pricing up now to 600 for the 6800 following the ocuk trend. The UK pc retail sector is disfeaceful for overcharging. Surely wi psuh more to consoles

Last edited:
Associate
Brought elsewhere at actual retail price. Why are you all buying at overchargers UK and showing them they can get away with it?
I haven't managed to grab a 6800XT yet - but for the people who have from OC they made the judgement that managing to get one even if the price is higher than a competitor, that's better for them than not getting one at all. They are hard to get hold of at the moment so if you could get one day one, or wait a couple of months it can still be worth it - yes it would be nice is MSRP was stuck to religiously but if they didn't buy it, in the situation with high demand and low stock there would be a hundred other people who would have paid the same price waiting in line. Unfortunately its how supply and demand and capitalism works.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Being one of the unlucky ones to have my 6800XT order cancelled, I can only hope I get my refund before next Wednesday, otherwise I will lose out on the secondary launch for AIB's.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you need that refund in order to get another card then maybe your finances aren't in the best position to be buying a 650quid graphics card in the first place?

Man of Honour
Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you need that refund in order to get another card then maybe your finances aren't in the best position to be buying a 650quid graphics card in the first place?

Depends - maybe they don't want to touch savings and all other spare money after bills, etc. goes into savings.

Associate
I said this before and was slated for thinking this lol.

I've always been brought up that if you can't afford to buy something twice, then don't buy it

Back
Top Bottom