• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD ATI PRICE DROP - 7950 from £299 Inc. VAT & 7970 from £369.99 Inc. VAT

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Guys, AMD Price drop is now live:-

HIS HD 7950 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £299.99 inc VAT

GX-049-HS_400.jpg

The World's first 28nm GPU. The revolutionary new GCN Architecture. Ready for DirectX 11.1. PCI Express 3.0. The AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 is your personal checklist for ground-breaking technology. The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations. Face it: the best just got better. Armed with the new PCI Express 3.0 standard, multi-GPU configurations with AMD CrossFire™ technology are just another way to obliterate the competition with the revolutionary AMD Radeon™ HD 7950. Leave no performance behind. Get higher clocks and faster gaming with AMD PowerTune technology on AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 Graphics. Fold and mine faster than ever with AMD App Acceleration powered by the unprecedented 28nm GCN Architecture. The market isn't ready for 4K video, but Radeon™ is. With full support for 3GHz HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 is set for Quad HD.

- Core Clock: 800MHz
- Memory: 3072MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 5000MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 384-Bit
- Processing Cores: 1792
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 3.0
- Display Connectors: 1x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI & 2x Mini-DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFire Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- ATI HD3D Technology
- Warranty: 2 Years

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Club3D HD 7970 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £369.95 inc VAT

GX-028-C3_400.jpg

The World's first 28nm GPU. The revolutionary new GCN Architecture. Ready for DirectX 11.1. PCI Express 3.0. The AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 is your personal checklist for ground-breaking technology. The next generation of AMD Eyefinity technology is here, featuring all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations. Face it: the best just got better. Armed with the new PCI Express 3.0 standard, multi-GPU configurations with AMD CrossFire™ technology are just another way to obliterate the competition with the revolutionary AMD Radeon™ HD 7970. Leave no performance behind. Get higher clocks and faster gaming with AMD PowerTune technology on AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 Graphics. Fold and mine faster than ever with AMD App Acceleration powered by the unprecedented 28nm GCN Architecture. The market isn't ready for 4K video, but Radeon™ is. With full support for 3GHz HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 is set for Quad HD.

- Core Clock: 925MHz
- Memory: 3072MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 5500MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 384-Bit
- Processing Cores: 2048
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 3.0
- Display Connectors: 1x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI & 2x Mini-DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFire Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- ATI HD3D Technology
- Warranty: 2 Years

Only £369.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Full listing of ATI 7950's - CLICK HERE!

Full listing of ATI 7970's - CLICK HERE!

Soldato
GTX 680 now needs to drop down to at least these prices. Given that they debuted at $50 less I am hopeful for a lower price point

Not whist there is no decent amount of stock it won't. TBH I can't see Nvidia dropping the price of a card that's currently faster than anything the competition has to offer.

Are these official AMD price cuts? Yeah they are OCUK linked to at the bottom.

Last edited:
Soldato
Starting today, AMD is slashing the cost of the range-topping Radeon HD 7970 and HD 7950 cards, and sweetening the deal by throwing in a trio of free games.

The promotion, expected to run for a limited time, is being dubbed 'Three for Free' and will offer buyers a chance to download DiRT Showdown (released in May), Nexuiz (released in May), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (available now) for free.

Soldato
this drop will hopefully carry on till August, because this will drop the prices of all the other cards too..... the Domino effect !

Soldato

The promotion, expected to run for a limited time, is being dubbed 'Three for Free' and will offer buyers a chance to download DiRT Showdown (released in May), Nexuiz (released in May), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (available now) for free.

Who wants that rubish, cant we have Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3 instead :D

Soldato
Just how "limited" will these be? Cos I was debating getting a 7870, but at these prices, I think the 7970 will win out. But at the rate I am currently saving, by the time I have the money ready, it might jump back up. Unless nVidia counter with something epic to force AMD's hand.

Otherwise, very good pricing so far. Tho you would think if they reduced these cards, they would do the same for the 7800 lot. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom