• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Bulldozer FX-6 6200 Black Edition 3.8GHz

Soldato
ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 S1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 ATX

Expansion Slot(s)1 x processor - LGA1155 Socket , 4 x memory - DIMM 240-pin , 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 ( dual x8 mode; single card: x16, x8 mode )

Hardware FeaturesASRock Hybrid Booster, ASRock Instant Boot, NVIDIA SLI Technology Support, ASRock Instant Flash, ASRock Boot Failure Guard (B.F.G.), HDCP compliant, Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) support, NVIDIA Quad SLI Technology Support...

... taken from the suppliers website :( I will check direct with Asrock

I already linked to the ASRock website! There is no checking needing to be done:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68 Pro3 Gen3&cat=Specifications

ASRock states that the motherboard does not support SLI/Crossfire:

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/pcie3/models.asp

Just look at the picture of the motherboard. It only has one PCI-E 16X slot anyway. The others are PCI-E 1X slots. Hence,the motherboard can only run a single graphics card anyway.

Also,the motherboard only supports PCI-E 3.0 if an Ivy Bridge CPU is used.

Last edited:
Associate
i am an AMD warrior, but as ppl are telling you the only way to game is intell

i have a 1055T, 955, and then i have intell i5 for gaming. the i5 is 1156 and it pwn's my AMD's so any 1155 i3+ will make a good gaming pc.

dont build a pc with then intention of upgrading if you want SB build now if you want IB build latter as the boards that are on sale now will drop in price when the flood of IB board come.

Associate
OP
It looks like the Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 is the spec I'm looking for (although they aren't easy to find at £100 delivered) which is around £30 more than the pro3 and misses my sub £300 price point... but only just! ...and its an i5 2500k system.

IS THE RAM OK?...Crucial 8GB 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory (9-9-9-24) 1.5V, Does XMP make a difference?

Last edited:
Caporegime
XMP is just RAM profiles is it not, so an XMP being used on 1600MHZ RAM will just make it run stock.
Since IMC's generally end official support at 1333MHZ on CPU's it's classed as an overclock, which I think AMD may be the only one to officially support 1866MHZ etc on their Zambezi's IMC.

Associate
I tried to see how run is the fx 6200 with my big fish games - pretty good run with fast speed loading.. running between low and high as I used CnQ but still good run all way plus gaming as well.

Back
Top Bottom