• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst 14.6 Beta Driver for Windows out now

Caporegime
Soldato
Thanks warsam.

Any word whether you have managed to address the native Stereoscopic 3D bug(Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman etc-basically all of them) on 290 series yet?

In summary, I have never been able to select in game stereoscopic 3D in all the GE titles with the 290-where as tridef works straight off as it should.

I have submitted bug reports before, but wondering whether AMD is aware of this bug and possibly find out any information regarding it, appreciate any feedback.

Associate
OP
Thanks warsam.

Any word whether you have managed to address the native Stereoscopic 3D bug(Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Thief, Hitman etc-basically all of them) on 290 series yet?

In summary, I have never been able to select in game stereoscopic 3D in all the GE titles with the 290-where as tridef works straight off as it should.

I have submitted bug reports before, but wondering whether AMD is aware of this bug and possibly find out any information regarding it, appreciate any feedback.

Hello tommybhoy,

I will look into this for you. Could you please send me a trust with your system specs, any error messages, and a short description? This will help me keep track of everything better - hope you don't mind.

Caporegime
Mother of god.

This patch has fixed Mantle for me with a 7990.

Gone from low settings and dx11 on my AMD 8320 to get decent FPS to Mantle and high settings and i'm still getting over 100 easy.

Love it love it love it

Welcome to Mantle gaming, enjoy your stay. Luckily ive been here for a few months now and going back to DX11 just isn't an option, except for when im running comparison benchmarks with PG Tips.

Associate
Mother of god.

This patch has fixed Mantle for me with a 7990.

Gone from low settings and dx11 on my AMD 8320 to get decent FPS to Mantle and high settings and i'm still getting over 100 easy.

Love it love it love it

Glad to see Mantle running good for u now. What do u have ur AA at James? And how much VRAM is it using?

Soldato
Sam I thought I would post this here for you too...

For some reason watchdogs still isn't working with crossfire on my 290 cards even though this driver was supposed to fix that issue. Im still getting negative scaling no matter what settings or AA method I use.

This still seems quite broken with crossfire on 14.6 drivers.

even in the menu screen its laggy... and no matter where I look around in game... even if I look at the floor the fps stay around the same with crossfire enabled..

I gained about 5fps on a single card with the new drivers but the difference is massive with crossfire enabled...

This is on a single 290..maxed out...supersampling set to on in the config file... 33fps
ANMyEfG.jpg

Same area...same settings...crossfire enabled..12fps lol. That's quite a difference.
LWm0PqX.jpg

Soldato

For some reason watchdogs still isn't working with crossfire on my 290 cards even though this driver was supposed to fix that issue. Im still getting negative scaling no matter what settings or AA method I use.

even in the menu screen its laggy... and no matter where I look around in game... even if I look at the floor the fps stay around the same with crossfire enabled..

I gained about 5fps on a single card with the new drivers but the difference is massive with crossfire enabled...

This is on a single 290..maxed out...supersampling set to on in the config file... 33fps

Same area...same settings...crossfire enabled..12fps lol. That's quite a difference.

This is a game issue, not driver issue. The developer has their work cutout.

Soldato

Matson

I had the same problem with my 7950s, still negative scaling after installing 14.6 with xfire.

Solution, I had accidentally run the installer without uninstalling my previous drivers.

Went into the program uninstall area within windows control panel and used the AMD installer to remove all drivers CCC etc, rebooted ran the setup from the extraction folder, rebooted and I now get 55 - 85 fps ultra settings with temporal @ 1080p...

So in essence, it does look like an install problem ..

Soldato
I kinda managed to fix it in a way lol... for some reason it was when I had Temporal SMAA enabled... I clicked it down to SMAA and it went from 12 fps up to 50.

This is with supersampling enabled in the watch dogs config aswell.
So basically with SMAA + supersampling on a single card im getting 30 fps crossfire 50.
Single card with Temporal SMAA + supersampling I was getting 30 fps crossfire 12 fps.

Back
Top Bottom