AMD Epyc for new deployment?

Soldato
I'm thinking of starting a small VPS hosting company and have been trying to decide whether to deploy Epyc or not? I want to start small but grow slowly as well. Density is essential, and all the equipment will need to be in London.

Soldato
Having watched this be done oh so many times, can I assume you are familiar with the term ‘summer host’ and have a market plan that means you aren’t going to be competing with budget unmanaged suppliers? For example Hetzner Cloud or my current provider where I pay a premium for a London VPS.... it’s £1.20/m inc VAT for 4c (2660v4), 180GB SSD, 8GB with 400/400 unlimited and that’s been the offer I get every 6 months if I agree to take a new 12 month deal and scrap the old one.

Soldato
There's hundreds of unmanaged providers (just look at LowEndBox) as @Avalon mentions so it'd be difficult to compete. Certainly there's a market for decent managed services but supporting all your customers as a one-man-band will be difficult.
Either way, i'm not sure going straight to colo'ing equipment is the way to do it; not now any way.

it’s £1.20/m inc VAT for 4c (2660v4), 180GB SSD, 8GB with 400/400 unlimited and that’s been the offer I get every 6 months if I agree to take a new 12 month deal and scrap the old one.

Got a link? :cool:

Soldato
OP
No my idea is completely different to that. I won't be competing with budget hosts at all. I can't give out the specifics as it is a new idea but it certainly won't be budget.

Back
Top Bottom