AMD fusion netbooks

Associate
HPs fusion netbook is also available now by the looks of it, going by the name of DM1-3100, seems to be around ~£320 from a few places.

So in the UK I count that as 3 models available?
HP DM1-3100
Lenovo S205 (soon)
MSI Wind U270

Any more?

Really want to get one myself, need to shift my macbook first though to pay for it :D

Associate
I really want to get one! I'm spoiled with matte screens so may have a pop at the MSI! But it's much bulkier than the competition.

Hmmm HP has Altec speakers!

Decisions!!!! Asus will have their model but not sure on release date.

Soldato
I have a acer 522 but find it too loud even with a c-50 in it, so looking for a e-350 now with hopefully more margin on the cooling.

MSI is too expensive... what makes it 50 quid better than the S205? HP is said to be too loud as well...

The 1215b looks good with usb 3 as well but its getting slated in the states for crappy trackpad and power socket.

Maybe the S205 for me..

Associate
I wandered into the purple shirt place today as I saw they had the HP DM1-3101 listed on their website. Had a quick play and was quite impressed.

The keyboard has a decent feel and is nice to use, the screen was clear and bright, but as per other HP laptops the trackpad buttons are rubbish.

The demo program that was running had some video clips that were extremely choppy, but I'm going to chalk that up to faults with the demo program rather than the laptop. (bit of searching should hopefully prove the laptop can handle video fine)

As my Dell m1330 is rapidly falling apart after 3 years decent service, one of these looks like a nice replacement.

Soldato
Oh god... the msi turned up today, its awful, its going to go straight back.

* It feels so cheap and hollow, my acer 522 is built so much better
* The screen doesn't recline far enough infact it barely gets beyond 90 degrees?? What were they thinking.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh god... the msi turned up today, its awful, its going to go straight back.

* It feels so cheap and hollow, my acer 522 is built so much better
* The screen doesn't recline far enough infact it barely gets beyond 90 degrees?? What were they thinking.

Not good at all! The HP screen folds to 180 which is a plus!

Soldato
yea have to agree, having not touched any fusion netbooks or seen them, from what i've read and heard if you can get over the plasticness and the thickness the HP is ment to be the better one.

Associate
I've been watching out for the DM1z (now DM1-3100) since the start of the year. At £320 it's a good price although I'd be tempted to stick an ssd in.

I'm also watching out for the Dell M102z. It's been released in Aus but no word here yet. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too long as Dell pulled the M101z from their site a couple of months back.

Associate
I got my hands my hands on a HP DM1 today, build quality was definately below par, the lid plastic felt very cheap and flexed to much. The bezel felt very cheap and I wasn't too keen on the combined touchpad and buttons. For the price of £349, I wasn't too impressed, if it had of been £250-270 then maybe. The HP didn't feel a premium product and for £349 I would want something built better.

Associate
Anyone tried/tested the Lenovo S205 yet? Got the money burning a hole in my pocket now, but the choice seems pretty rubbish. Was very tempted by the HP but i've heard a few people saying the trackpad is rubbish, not much use that considering its getting used all the time!

Associate
It's not the trackpad on the HP that is the issue, it's the buttons on the trackpad. Instead of dedicated buttons there are two 'virtual button spaces' at the bottom of the trackpad that act as buttons.

Back
Top Bottom