• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD GRAPHICS DEALS = 6900 XT @ £899, 6800 XT @ £649, 6800 @ £589, 6700 XT @ £449, 6650 XT @ £379 and 6600 @ £289

Associate
Finger on the trigger...

Do I get a stop-gap like a 6650XT (e.g. the Sapphire Pulse at £380) or lower and see how things pan out,
or say stuff it and go for something a little higher in the range.
If I was going to buy a card now I would spend a little more and get the 6700xt as it will give you a good experience in raster performance now and for some time to come. The 4000 series is likely to be even more expensive for the 4070 up compared to the 3070 owing to additional memory and cost pressure

Associate
That is because it was obvious the board partners were making higher margins than normal.

But you only have to fill up your car, go shopping and pay your electric bill to realise things are moving upwards, unfortunately. Thankfully items which were priced very high due to shortages months back have come down, just a shame they are only coming down towards and MSRP and not below.
Except the 6500xt. MRSP is £179. Got mine for less than £150 delivered. In a pcie4 system it is reasonable if you don't want encoding, especially if like me you play old and/or strategy games

Caporegime
Good cards but this is still way too much for 2 year old tech.
Says the buyer of a 6950XT...

K34QRJqH
image.png

Soldato
Good cards but this is still way too much for 2 year old tech.

It's a great way to promote falling sales though, making it look like people are getting a good deal just because prices are close to MSRP. Second hand market is looking really good with cards piling on to it, 6600XT's at sub £250, and 6900XT's at around £675
It reminds me of the car market at the moment, people are now buying cars at list price new, imagine telling someone they'd be lucky to get anything of the manufacturer MSRP on a car a few years ago, they'd laugh in your face. It's been turned on its head is what I am saying, things are backwards, how long will it be before people stop thinking they aren't getting a good deal?

Soldato
They're going to have to have a sell off soon before the masses get wind of the new stuff, they'll never shift them then. Better to take a small loss now than a bigger one later. Money supply is only going to get tighter with fuel around £2/litre and rising prices on lots of things a new GPU isn't going to be high on the list for the majority.

Soldato
I'm getting a sense of Deja Vu. 2 years ago something similar happened with the 5700XT and roughly the same words were echoed in that thread, though it was eventually locked. To think I am in the exact same position as I was 2 years ago with my 970 chugging along with all the stuff I throw at it (though she is choking hard in substance painter).

As much as everyone is dunking on retailers for jacked up prices for the past 2 years lets not forget all those who decided that GPUs were an investment opportunity and helped to sustain those prices.

Well I've already spent bought a new PC components this month so I'm going to have to wait; but it is good to know that if my 970 dies I can atleast get a replacement for a semi decent price.

Soldato
Even at MSRP these cards are still expensive for what they and the value they bring. The RX480/RX570 at £200 from 2016 is the benchmark to beat IMO, it's a crying shame that in 2022 we can't get a card from either vendor that can offer more performance for the same price.
yeap the low end of the market has been stagnant for years now and the only way for people using cards like this to get an upgrade is to spend more money.

Soldato
Recently took delivery of the 6700 XT Mech X2 and I can see why this model has crashed in price, the cooler isn't great. With good airflow the idle temps sit around 47c/51c and 81c underload. The cooler is obnoxiously loud and while tweaking the fan curve doesn't help the temps it does cure some of the noise. It's not a bad card for 1440p however this card could have benefitted with a 3 fan setup like that found on some of the Ventus models.

Last edited:
Associate
Tempting. I was looking to upgrade from my RX 5700 but really want something that can be watercooled and it seems the 6800 XT is the only one that has blocks compatible with it.

Soldato
A lot of countries have done the same thing, the difference is the US federal reserve has been a lot more aggressive in raising interest rates then the Bank of England has making the $ more attractive.
No doubt we'll follow, we tend to copy most of what the US does. Bad news for anyone that hasn't fixed their debt though.

Back
Top Bottom