• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
There's atleast 1000 with reviewers and youtubers last I saw (includes folks who use joysticks with a 3090 system)

Why no one can get a one, the reviewers are getting them all :D

:D find somebody who will save you one!

Id literally lmfao, if AMDs cards get scalped, and no one can get a one for months and months either :D

Last edited:
Associate
I know, but they have other games with it, so as i said, if Cyberpunk, is the only RT game for now on PC with RT, everyone will be wondering, why the RDNA2 cards, can not run RT, while those same RDNA2 cards in the consoles, can, they ain't going to see, its just because its Cyberpunk, all they will be seeing, is RDNA2 consoles running RT, same RNDA2 cards on PC, not. :D

Also, why would they need time to do drivers too ?, when its been out about 2 years now, and they can already run it on their RDNA2, as they are runnnig it on the consoles, with their same RDNA2 :p

They don't need time for drivers, as they are runnnig it now, and have been for a while :D

Dirt 5, launches 10th November, and guess what, its got RT! :D

Its launching on the PC on the 6th November, thats before Cyberpunk, so no hell on, AMD cards should be running RT games when they launch. :p

Those RT adaptations look shockingly bad imho. Grand turismo 7 looks like dog faeces and looks like its running at 2fps.

Ratchet and Clank dont get me started.

I Hope better is to come :)

pragmata on the other hand looks stunning. but what hardware is it running on??????????

Last edited:
Soldato
Digital foundry put up a video testing the series x backwards compatibility

The console pulled 210w from the wall playing gears 5 and reached 62c
Those RT adaptations look shockingly bad imho. Grand turismo 7 looks like dog faeces and looks like its running at 2fps.

Ratchet and Clank dont get me started.

Hope better is to come :)

pragmata on the other hand looks stunning. but what hardware is it running on??????????

check out dirt 5 running on the series x it's worse than any of those games by a huge margin

Soldato
What if Navi availability, is crap as well though :p

at least you will be waiting for a decently priced and good looking AMD card.

The Nvidia cards have a face only a mother could love, i just peeked at the 3070 lineup, my reaction: like silent witness but with GPUs under the white sheets instead of dead people.

Associate
at least you will be waiting for a decently priced and good looking AMD card.

The Nvidia cards have a face only a mother could love, i just peeked at the 3070 lineup, my reaction: like silent witness but with GPUs under the white sheets instead of dead people.

No joke. That Palit card looks like it was birthed in the house of horrors at a local fairground..:eek:

Associate
Some one real mad at console doing rt. lol

And they are saying that consoles will do watchdogs legion 4k@30fps with ray tracing.
That'll get the blood boiling.
:D

Ps5 preordered and paid day 1 ( couldnt preorder otherwise - stock went byebye in 1hr in all major stores ), demon souls, miles morales also preordered. You? Most likely not.

Guess what? Look at spiderman reflections in the trailer. No shadows in the reflection. Just a guy walking and a few boxy buildings running at half res. The ‘spidercat’ trailer when he walks into the store. Ooo amazing, sick RT. Just like all the other, legion will run RT at half res and who knows what other ‘optimizations’. :D:D

cant wait for the 28th, wonder how you’ll spin it next. That’s if AMD will have their RT drivers ready for Rdna2 and reviewers will be able to test the cards then in already existing games, which judging by zen3 event, wont happen. Prolly 2 more weeks after:

DDH

DDH

Associate
I can't wait for the 28th to come so all the NVIDIA idiots can go back to their never ending wait for a 3080 thread

Soldato
Ps5 preordered and paid day 1 ( couldnt preorder otherwise - stock went byebye in 1hr in all major stores ), demon souls, miles morales also preordered. You? Most likely not.

Guess what? Look at spiderman reflections in the trailer. No shadows in the reflection. Just a guy walking and a few boxy buildings running at half res. The ‘spidercat’ trailer when he walks into the store. Ooo amazing, sick RT. Just like all the other, legion will run RT at half res and who knows what other ‘optimizations’. :D:D

cant wait for the 28th, wonder how you’ll spin it next. That’s if AMD will have their RT drivers ready for Rdna2 and reviewers will be able to test the cards then in already existing games, which judging by zen3 event, wont happen. Prolly 2 more weeks after:
LOL,
You are really that upset that AMD and consoles can do RT. So you can't say its nvidia exclusive anymore. And you try to put down a console game you allegedly bought...just to reply to me how bad rt is? Hahaha. Funny stuff. A sentiment that I would not value but still funny.

Oh, BTW, earlier in this thread it was predicted that a microscope would be used to compare those rasteeized rt differences. Just do a search on microscope/magnifying glass. So good job for that self fulfilled prophecy. And those consoles aren't released yet.

And yes, I have my ps5 ordered. Not sure why that matters but I'm going for GT 7. :p
As for 28th, I find it hilarious that you are that upset with me on my opinion about rdna 2. Reads like a "you" problem.

However, I'm not impressed with how rt is used in the games so far with pc. So whatever rdna 2 does for rt will only be secondary to its overall performance for me. Which is part of why I have no desire for ampere. I do hope that doesn't cause a 2nd trigger for you.

Soldato
I can't wait for the 28th to come so all the NVIDIA idiots can go back to their never ending wait for a 3080 thread

That's brutal :D

end of the day competition between both companies is good for us consumers and it looks like gfx card from either company is going to be excellent and competitive across the range. Win for us consumers.

Man of Honour
Guess what? Look at spiderman reflections in the trailer. No shadows in the reflection. Just a guy walking and a few boxy buildings running at half res. The ‘spidercat’ trailer when he walks into the store. Ooo amazing, sick RT. Just like all the other, legion will run RT at half res and who knows what other ‘optimizations’. :D

Meanwhile Quake 2 RTX uses high resolution reflections, full scene reflection (including reflection of reflections) not just a simplified version with stuff missing, has simulation of refraction/caustics and so on.

4mj9VK2.png

f5ewTnG.jpg

The only thing holding it back is the ****** low res geometry - when I get a bit of time I'll add in mesh models but it still won't do as well as proper high quality meshes in a more modern engine due to the limitations of the geometry pipeline.

One concerted push from both vendors and we could have some actual close to ray tracing looking results in games instead of the insignificant "RT" effects seen on console games.

Associate
My issue with raytracing is we are heralding its awesomeness in games like Minecraft and Quake, both visually unappealing games, Quake was made in the 90s and Minecraft looks like it could have been.

This to me points to one thing, RT is still years from mainstream, when we are having to dig up low res old games, to implement and show off a feature, it screams to me that the hardware power for these features are just not there yet.

Hence the massive impact on games fps when turning on their added RT that feature it, DLSS seems to have been invented as a crutch for that.

We are still probably 5 years from decent workable hardware level RT, the console implementation will also be nothing more than a token addition i feel.

Ill stick to raster performance for now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom