• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R9 NANO NOW IN STOCK & AVAILABLE!! **

Man of Honour
Said it before, but I fear this will be carried over to their new (properly new) 2016 range (Greenland, Ellesmere, etc).

If this truly is their new direction, of /not/ being the price/perf champion, then I suspect prices will simply go up across the whole range. Ie the R480 could be £300, the 490 £400, the new top end card £600....

If that turns out to be true then along with Nvidias already ridiculous prices I may never buy a brand new graphics card again. Building a computer is now getting extremely expensive.

Soldato
There are several mitx cases you can fit a 980Ti in. Much better option for a fairly small form factor front room gaming PC.

Nano looks pretty good to me, just too expensive and rubbish for a front room gaming PC, surely its main market.

Though I would be tempted to build a tiny rig for my sons room PC.......

If I were contemplating an SFF Pc, id be going with the Gigabyte Mini! and clock. £300 cheaper and better outputs to boot.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-153-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1010

Associate
Who was it that said that AMD GPUs were no longer going to be a non premium product. WTF are they doing in AMD land?

If these new launches had come out under the old AMD regime then these would have been good cards at good bang for buck prices and would have kept them going until Greenland etc...

If they had priced the Nano at Fury Pro prices then even that would have been more acceptable. The problem now is if these cards fall around Fury Pro performance then it will make it worse.....which I think it will.

Do you think that this new GFX Guru who is now in charge of the Radeon Technology Group has any say in what prices they go out at? Surely he can only be in charge of design, manufacture and production.
:(
#AMDSHOOTOWNFOOTAGAIN

Soldato
Almost sold out.. Stunning little GPU if it fits your needs. People shouldn't be jumping on the pricing.
Titan sells at a premium price tag, if it fits what you looking for then the Nano has no competition and reason it's priced highly.

Just like how the Titan was priced highly until nvidia killed it with there own doing.

I think these will do well people love there little home setups.

Soldato
Almost sold out.. Stunning little GPU if it fits your needs. People shouldn't be jumping on the pricing.
Titan sells at a premium price tag, if it fits what you looking for then the Nano has no competition and reason it's priced highly.

Just like how the Titan was priced highly until nvidia killed it with there own doing.

I think these will do well people love there little home setups.

You think they will do well, having sold 3 on launch day, and the cheapest model? So the more expensive ones will fly off the shelf?

Associate
The price is ridiculous but then so are the prices of some CPUs and Titan cards.

Its not the fastest, but its the most compact, and that appeals to some crazy folk.

I personally wouldnt spend so much but I imagine it could be cool in some tiny setups.

Soldato
You think they will do well, having sold 3 on launch day, and the cheapest model? So the more expensive ones will fly off the shelf?

Price isn't everything. I phones sell for 500+ and I feel they not even the best you can buy but they still sell. Why because they fit people's lifestyle with its simple to use OS.

You keep thinking ocuk is the only place selling them small little world you live in.

Soldato
Mate, one of the uk's biggest GPU retailers having sold less than 10 on launch day is a very clear indication that it isn't selling well, you then criticised the basis of this assumption, so presumably you have better info to base that assumption on?

You start dishing out accusations that someone lives in a "small little world" and you better have some trousers to back that up :D

Soldato
Mate, one of the uk's biggest GPU retailers having sold less than 10 on launch day is a very clear indication that it isn't selling well, you then criticised the basis of this assumption, so presumably you have better info to base that assumption on?

Selling well doesn't after happen over night. Damme G
Did the xbox one sell well on release? NOPE

All I said is I personally believe these will sell well. Did I say the hole UK is going to break into a Nano frenzy? No chill hommie you going to hurt yourself.

Back
Top Bottom