• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 7900XT, 90% to 130% faster than 6900XT, MCM, Q4 2022.

Caporegime
OP
Have observed this myself with same conclusion, which is whether or not tubers are on the official list of reputable yadda - I still regulate my salt seller for invested interest bias. :)

Take the 8GB thing, i'm sorry to go on about this but 8GB was fine on a GTX 1070, its not fine on a 2070/Super, its certainly isn't on a 3070/TI.

What makes my blood boil about all this is when reviewers knowing and no longer able to deny its a problem instead go in to milk-toast defence mode for Nvidia, ""well its only a few game and you just turn down the graphics, so it doesn't need more than 8GB."

£600 RRP for a GPU with the same memory architecture as a mid range GPU from 2016 and they just ###### refuse to acknowledge anything negative about that situation.

Its the "you only need 4 cores" thing all over again, remember when tech journalists were parroting that over and over again for years?

Disingenuous tech journalists are the problem.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Take the 8GB thing, i'm sorry to go on about this but 8GB was fine on a GTX 1070, its not fine on a 2070/Super, its certainly isn't on a 3070/TI.

I had the same stance (albeit inclusive of said flagship 3080 regular edition). HU also mention it on every video where its applicable so its only a minority in denial that continue with ignorance over it, generally because they own one of them cards (until swiftly ditching it as soon as they can).

Caporegime
OP
How good is it that you can use 1GB Memory IC's where your competitor is using 2GB IC's and everyone comes running to your defence "Well... it does matter" I mean why should AMD even try to do what's right? Not that it is that, AMD's thinking was "even mid range GPU's are getting powerful enough to run 4K so its probably prudent to use 2GB memory IC's" and so they did. Its just sensible.

I had the same stance. HU also mention it on every video where its applicable so its only a minority in denial that continue with ignorance over it, generally because they own one of them cards (until swiftly ditching it as soon as they can).

True, but even they are a bit too relaxed about it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
True, but even they are a bit too relaxed about it.

Yeah, I guess as they are a known source though it helps to stem the flow of ignorance. More will join the movement as its a problem that wont go away. As you said though the 'just turn a setting down/off' is the new 4 cores faceroll for todays simplistic society.

Soldato
Completely agree. If both brands put out strong cards, 2023 might be a time where retailers go back to 'offers' and you can choose a suitable deal rather than bending over dry - or fighting over founders editions with trickle volume.
Got my fingers crossed the mining cards appear on the second hand market. That will really out downward pressure on the market. Add to that disposable income dropping even for the better off customers I can't see another round of high prices getting very far, time will tell ;)

Back
Top Bottom