• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 7900XT, 90% to 130% faster than 6900XT, MCM, Q4 2022.

Soldato
You were unlucky you sold so early on the 5700XT, they were so bad they were selling for £850+ ;) Oh and no ego, just my experience is different to yours but I don't assume everything is good or bad based on my limited experience.

Permabanned
You were unlucky you sold so early on the 5700XT, they were so bad they were selling for £850+ ;) Oh and no ego, just my experience is different to yours but I don't assume everything is good or bad based on my limited experience.
Incorrect.

You based that because your experience was good, It is your ego who said you did things "correctly" implying I did not.

By the way, purchases are subjective, people don't buy for objectively the same reasons and have subjective experiences, you trying to one up me is being silly, you are not very self aware my friend.
The difference between me and you is that I happily point out faults with both sides, yes 8GB Vram is not enough on the 3070 and some people have issues with their drivers, still not anywhere close to the amount of people who were on the 5700-XT.

I have mentioned why people are put off AMD at the moment and me being one of them.

This matters more, much more than who is out right faster, it's about cost for what you get and stability, at least for me it is and many others.

The big issue is others who have good experiences, thinking that issues don't exist and are always the fault of the user, I mean the 5700 series hit the news across the web as being junk.

Permabanned
Nvidia drivers have issues too, I had to downgrade once because it was causing Cold War to frequently crash and it took them forever to fix it.
We know.

Your 1 game not working is not the same as every game not working and the entire PC going to crap due to AMD's buggy drivers, not even being stable on the desktop and black screening too crashing the entire PC.

The perspective is so out of proportion to the reality of the 5700-XT's issues it is unreal.

That game is broken for everyone accordingly anyway.

Surely everyone in that comment section are idiots too like me?

Last edited:
Associate
We know.

Your 1 game not working is not the same as every game not working and the entire PC going to crap due to AMD's buggy drivers, not even being stable on the desktop and black screening too crashing the entire PC.

The perspective is so out of proportion to the reality of the 5700-XT's issues it is unreal.

That game is broken for everyone accordingly anyway.

Surely everyone in that comment section are idiots too like me?
I think I remember reading that most of the 5700-XT's issues were actually caused by PSU's being unable to handle power spikes.

Permabanned
My SuperFlower Leadex III 650W was one of the best PSU's on the market which handles it just fine and it happened.

That same PSU handled the RTX 3070 in an ITX build with a 5800X and no PSU issues.

p9vazRw.jpg

I don't know why none of you can accept this...

I have since moved to a MSI MPG 850w because it had a nice Assassin's Creed Valhalla gift with it with all DLC, that system above now has a Vetroo V5 cooler, same PSU, 3600X CPU with the RTX 2060 and 16GB 3200mhz Ram and runs swimmingly.
Gave it to my brother as it is a repayment for something he helped me out with a long time ago.

I now run an ATX build in my Corsair 4000D.

42XiGU3.png

Last edited:
Soldato
So now we start to get to the bottom of it, 650W PSU. Sounds like similar issues with Nvidia and the 3XXX series spiking power draw. Probably why my 750W had no issues. As I suspected not a hardware issue but a rest of the system issue. Whatever the hardware the end user is responsible for ensuring they set it up so it runs right. I'd probably have an issue with a 3080 in my system but it wouldn't be Nvidia's fault, I'd need to beef things up to cope with the extra requirements. It's not a popular way of thinking these days though, I must be getting old:cry:

Soldato
(Pinch of salt rumour)

90% to 130% faster than 6900XT (Rasterization)
375 watts to 450 watts
100% sure its multi-chip (MCM)
Could also be 3D Stacked (One of AMD's up coming workstation cards is 3D stacked)
512MB of Infinity Cache
PCIe5 X16
Q4 2022 (October, November, or December)

This is why I'm waiting for a 240hz 4k monitor before I get a new panel, 4k 120hz is going to become a joke once these new cards drop

Permabanned
So now we start to get to the bottom of it, 650W PSU. Sounds like similar issues with Nvidia and the 3XXX series spiking power draw. Probably why my 750W had no issues. As I suspected not a hardware issue but a rest of the system issue. Whatever the hardware the end user is responsible for ensuring they set it up so it runs right. I'd probably have an issue with a 3080 in my system but it wouldn't be Nvidia's fault, I'd need to beef things up to cope with the extra requirements. It's not a popular way of thinking these days though, I must be getting old:cry:
Complete idiot.

Ooo I think I shall share this tasty thread: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/weird-5700-xt-problem.436393/ Look at the first response, this is what AMD Fanboys are about, hurting actual owners who have issues to uphold some superiority against Team Green, dim-witted and mostly dumb as rocks.

Oooo! https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/sudden-aorus-5700xt-crashing.435742/

Oooo! https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/asus-tuf-3-radeon-rx-5700xt-consistent-pc-crashing.433662/

Please back things up before pushing it as fact.

Please also refrain from speaking on subjects to me again, thank you.

*Ignored*

Last edited:
Soldato

Nvidia cards sometimes have issues as well. Just like any other piece of hardware.

and if there isn't a fix that works, you RMA it.

Soldato
Since when did graphics cards become such a serious topic?!? :p
Lol, this is tame stuff, it used to get really heated, people getting banned left and right. Nothing is ever really good or really bad, there are issues on all sides. Mostly it's coloured by personal experience ;)

Back
Top Bottom