• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 7900XT, 90% to 130% faster than 6900XT, MCM, Q4 2022.

Caporegime
(Pinch of salt rumour)

90% to 130% faster than 6900XT (Rasterization)
375 watts to 450 watts
100% sure its multi-chip (MCM)
Could also be 3D Stacked (One of AMD's up coming workstation cards is 3D stacked)
512MB of Infinity Cache
PCIe5 X16
Q4 2022 (October, November, or December)

Soldato
Finally, some Radeon news and this sounds very promising. Thank you Humbug :)

The RDNA3 thread hasn't been touched since February. I was getting fed up of the closet Nvidia fanboys in the Nvidia thread saying "I don't care which brand I buy, I'll buy which ever is fastest". Yeah right.

Soldato
Crazy if the rasterization perforamnce shows mega gains again, I mean the 6000 series is no slouch at rasterization - I love my 6700XT for this reason. It munches games at 1440P. Ray Tracing obviously is a no no unless using FSR etc. Will be exciting to see what AMD delivers.

Caporegime
OP
Finally, some Radeon news and this sounds very promising. Thank you Humbug :)

The RDNA3 thread hasn't been touched since February. I was getting fed up of the closet Nvidia fanboys in the Nvidia thread saying "I don't care which brand I buy, I'll buy which ever is fastest". Yeah right.
AMD are bringing multi-chips to GPU's, like Ryzen CPU's, with it they can bring more performance more cost effectivly, it why Intel cannot keep pace with AMD in the data centre, even Intel's latests and greatest cannot keep up with AMD's old outgoing Milan chips, they are 64 Zen 3 cores, later this year comes Genoa with 96 Zen 4 cores and a quarter later Bergamo with 128 Zen 4 cores.

I know Intel have caught up with the 5950X in the form of the 12900K but its with cores that are 3X the size of Zen 3 and 3X the power consumption for 15% higher IPC.

Nvidia will have to do the same, and they will do it, Nvidia's die will be gigantic, expensive and use an enormous amount of power (600 to 700 watts) to keep up with AMD's MCM architecture.

Soldato
AMD are bringing multi-chips to GPU's, like Ryzen CPU's, with it they can bring more performance more cost effectivly, it why Intel cannot keep pace with AMD in the data centre, even Intel's latests and greatest cannot keep up with AMD's old outgoing Milan chips, they are 64 Zen 3 cores, later this year comes Genoa with 96 Zen 4 cores and a quarter later Bergamo with 128 Zen 4 cores.

I know Intel have caught up with the 5950X in the form of the 12900K but its with cores that are 3X the size of Zen 3 and 3X the power consumption for 15% higher IPC.

Nvidia will have to do the same, and they will do it, Nvidia's die will be gigantic, expensive and use an enormous amount of power (600 to 700 watts) to keep up with AMD's MCM architecture.
That cost effectiveness, translated towards the user, I'll believe it when I see it.

Permabanned
Wallet thrashing vs mental hit of bad drivers.
Hmmm.

Can make money, can't fix mental health after a breakdown over drivers close to as easily, it sticks for much longer.
It's like your wife using £300 for a hand bag one month vs swallowing the junk of 20 men in 1 month, 1 hits a lot harder.

You can't get lost time back just as you can't get her loyalty back no matter how they market themselves.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wallet thrashing vs mental hit of bad drivers.
Hmmm.

Can make money, can't fix mental health after a breakdown over drivers close to as easily, it sticks for much longer.
It's like your wife using £300 for a hand bag one month vs swallowing the junk of 20 men in 1 month, 1 hits a lot harder.

You can't get lost time back just as you can't get her loyalty back no matter how they market themselves.
No idea where this bad drivers thing comes from. My 5700XT was great, sold for £850 too. My GTX 1070 was also trouble free. Even my 7970 XF was fine. Always used up-to-date Windows, BIOS, chipset and graphics drivers and not really had a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Permabanned
No idea where this bad drivers thing comes from. My 5700XT was great, sold for £850 too. My GTX 1070 was also trouble free. Even my 7970 XF was fine. Always used up-to-date Windows, BIOS, chipset and graphics drivers and not really had a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Oh yes I agree, no idea either even after multiple articles on the wide spread issues.

You get the compulsory yes it will work if you disable this and that feature, the dude saying "The thing with the internet you only hear complaints".

So don't ever acknowledge the problem, just remain ignorant because you care about upholding it as something perfect, weird.

Glad it works for you though.

Permabanned
Saying that I have had no issues with Nvidia drivers or AMD drivers. :p

Hopefully AMD can bump both raster and ray tracing performance a nice amount then I can upgrade and give the 3080 to the boy. :D
I am glad, the HD 5870 in my Windows XP machine runs flawless just as my 3070 does.
The issue for me though, I have never experienced anything as bad as with the 5700-XT so that hits harder than paying a bit more for a green card, I can do without the headache thanks, I will just do 5 extra hours of work a week.
I agree with your last point.

Soldato
Oh yes I agree, no idea either even after multiple articles on the wide spread issues.

You get the compulsory yes it will work if you disable this and that feature, the dude saying "The thing with the internet you only hear complaints".

So don't ever acknowledge the problem, just remain ignorant because you care about upholding it as something perfect, weird.

Glad it works for you though.

Maybe I just know what I'm doing. As I remember Steve on HUB never had the issue but he heard of people that did. Maybe he also knows what he's doing? All I know is it couldn't be inherent to the hardware or everyone would have had the same issue, probably a third party conflict. I was running on an X570 Aorus Master, Samsung B die, Seasonic PSU, Powercolor 5700XT.

Permabanned
Maybe I just know what I'm doing. As I remember Steve on HUB never had the issue but he heard of people that did. Maybe he also knows what he's doing? All I know is it couldn't be inherent to the hardware or everyone would have had the same issue, probably a third party conflict. I was running on an X570 Aorus Master, Samsung B die, Seasonic PSU, Powercolor 5700XT.
Yes involve your little ego, you are superior to me, I know nothing, thank you.

I ran a 2600X on a B450 Aorus Elite, 16GB 3000mhz Ram and a SuperFlower LeadEx III. Went from the 5700-XT to the GTX 970 then the 2060 due to the crazy market and got my money back, I made £10 over my original purchase.

judpTjR.png

I ran a 5600X with an RTX 2060 and a 5800X with a 3070 both on x570 Aorus Elite, still have not repeated the 5700-XT issues.

GTX 970.

RTX 2060.

Back
Top Bottom