• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 3700x and chasing 1600mhz Infinity Fabric

Associate
I understand this is overclocking and silicon lottery comes into play.

System specs:

Ryzen 3700x
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
Patriot Viper Steel 4400 B-Die memory
HXI SERIES HX850I 850W '80 PLUS PLATINUM DIGITAL MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

I have had this setup for about 10 days and I am trying my best to hit 1800mhz IF on the CPU to run along side my memory at 3600mhz

I currently am running at:

1733 / 1733
SOC 1.1
VDDP 0.900
VDDG 0.950

These voltages are my motherboards automatic settings.
I have tried pretty much everything I can think of except raising the SOC LLC.
I have had my memory at very loose timings just to test how far I can push the IF.
Thing is, I have this feeling It can do it, but I'm running out of ideas.
The PC boots fine, everything seems fine, but doing any type of memory stress testing seems to fail.
I was wondering if anyone else with a 3700x could give me a push in the right direction. Maybe I need to lower the voltages?

My Ryzen Master below shows how far I've got. This seems to be over-night Large FFTs P95 and Memtest86 stable. No errors at all. The current BIOS profile I'm running has tighter timings! Please don't take them into account.

Thank you

itXCAPk.png

Associate
@oRuin
Your set up is perfectly capable of running 3600Mhz even 3800Mhz Infinity Fabric. Certainly should run 3600Mhz without any problem.

Things to try
CL14 3800Mhz - DRAM Voltage approximately 1.5v-you can always lower later
CL14 3600Mhz - DRAM Voltage approximately 1.45v-you can always lower later
SOC -1.05v
VDDP-0.900v is fine
VDDG-0.950v is fine
tRFC-is set to low at 252 set at least 304 and you can always lower later
tRCDRD-may be too aggressive at 14 change to 16 ,you can always lower later
tRDRDSCL -2 change to 4
tWRWRSCL-2 change to 4
CAD Bus Drive Strength-try all at 24 for now,you can always change back later and test stabilty
BIOS set BGS alt - Enabled
BIOS set BSG-Disabled

EG:These setting are for 3800Mhz B-DIE Ram only with tRFC so low,you can try these settings for 3600Mhz -Worked on 3600X/3800X,you could try to match settings for fun
CL14 3800Mhz need more DRAM Voltage to work ,with B-Die Ram can take more voltage easily and if you have airflow

Temperatures with DRAM Voltage 1.5v with air on RAM-changed tRCDRD to 16

CL16 3800Mhz DRAM Voltage normal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom