AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Doesn't seem like things have changed. When I bought my 3700X it was advertised with a free game, only when I tried to redeem the code I was sent did I find out that the offer period had expired two months before I placed my order.

Associate
More on the Far Cry saga.
Overclockers support came up with a claim code. It was in the 4th email I received but that's OK because they warned me there would be ignorable junk.
Went to AMD to make the claim.

The game better be worth the hassle.
I tried to get a free game with the MSI game offer on one of their products and in the end I gave up just not worth the hassle.

Associate
Well, just to (almost) finish the saga ...

Stage 10 : Receive confirmation from AMD support that the limit has been raised
Stage 11 : Futz around for a while then realise I need to run the PVT again. Success - click on box Complete Redemption
Stage 12 : Log in again to AMD which tells me I have a reward to claim. Work through several screens choosing Far Cry 6 on each.
Stage 13 : Arrive at a screen which says click to redeem reward or some such. Browser hangs. Swear. Reailise that "Complete Redemption" has taken me back to my default browser.
Stage 14 : Log on to AMD on Chrome. It tells me I have a reward to claim. Work through several screens choosing Far Cry 6 on each. This time the final screen does not hang. And I get to "Assign my reward" page.
Stage 15 : Click on "assign my reward" button.
See this :
CLAIM MY REWARD
Your rewards cannot be assigned at this time, please try again at a later time.
Click here to return home.

Scream!!
Try again.
Attention
Coupon code has already been used.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact support.

Apparently I am now awaiting a content code and the release date for the game is 2021-02-18, which is probably what they mean when they say "try again later". So much for using the game to exercise my new rig. This needs to be the best game EVER.

I wish you all a Merry Xmas. I think I will go and make an early start on the festive plonk.

Associate
I got the same message about not being able to claim me reward but when i went into My rewards Far Cry 6 is waiting for me. Can't technically claim it yet though until 21/2 i think it was as it is not out

Soldato
So my story from the other place get's even better now. I can't get my money back, they sent the item and according to the tracking information it never left Germany and had to be returned they couldn't deliver it for some unknown reason, but they are going to withhold returning the money until the item get's returned to their fulfilment centre sounds fair. I don't even understand how that's allowed, they've admitted it can't be delivered due to their fault. So what if it's lost now, it's my fault and I have to pay for it and don't get the refund?. I have to wait an unknown amount of days before it get's returned and then have to wait another 5 or 7 days for the refund to be processed.

So looks like I wont be getting a Ryzen processor for who knows how long now.

Associate
I had my 5800x delivered last week, but it didn't come with a Far Cry 6 code in the box, was it meant to sent via. email? Because I didn't receive an email either... Anyone got any suggestions? Do I just phone OC Customer Support?

Soldato
Soldato
So my story from the other place get's even better now. I can't get my money back, they sent the item and according to the tracking information it never left Germany and had to be returned they couldn't deliver it for some unknown reason, but they are going to withhold returning the money until the item get's returned to their fulfilment centre sounds fair. I don't even understand how that's allowed, they've admitted it can't be delivered due to their fault. So what if it's lost now, it's my fault and I have to pay for it and don't get the refund?. I have to wait an unknown amount of days before it get's returned and then have to wait another 5 or 7 days for the refund to be processed.

So looks like I wont be getting a Ryzen processor for who knows how long now.

Look on the MM, do pop up and well worht putting a wanted thread up as well

Associate
I had my 5800x delivered last week, but it didn't come with a Far Cry 6 code in the box, was it meant to sent via. email? Because I didn't receive an email either... Anyone got any suggestions? Do I just phone OC Customer Support?
I ordered it from another retailer and the code was sent to my email two weeks after

Associate

I had also ordered my 5800x from a competitor and as soon as it was dispatched, about 2 days after I got mine via email. Check your spam folder. If not then email the company.

Associate
So how are people getting on with queues? Following my rant at OC a couple of weeks ago for cancelling an order without my say so and not refunding me, I eventually got a charge back on my card. A new batch of 5900x's were released on the site on 24th Dec. I re-ordered and expected there to be a massive queue of at least 6 weeks but it seems to be arriving tomorrow (allegedly). Still waiting for 3080 availability though, new PC is patiently waiting to be built.

Associate
I ordered a 5950X a few days ago and despite it saying 10+ in stock the order appears to be stuck at ‘Order received-not despatched’. I submitted a web note to clarify whether this was a stock issue or Covid/Christmas related but have heard nothing back. Tried ringing this afternoon but no progress after 40 mins in a queue. I get it’s a bad time to be ordering but the parts I ordered from Scan were here next day.

Does any of this suggest they actually have no stock of the 5950X?

Back
Top Bottom