• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Soldato
Nice one.

One thing I would add that if I was buying one of these CPU's I'd be gaming at 1440P or higher, so if you can do some higher resolution testing would also be great please if you have time.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 5 are good in this regard as they attempt to show max theoretical CPU performance (CPU render and CPU game).

Caporegime
Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 5 are good in this regard as they attempt to show max theoretical CPU performance (CPU render and CPU game).
Yes, this often gets missed. I believe the benchmarks I've uploaded earlier in this thread (SOTTR and Forza 4) show this quite nicely.
Thank you Matt - will take you up on the offer in about 10 days time ;) - send me a pm , we can go public closer to the time!
Will do. :)

Associate
Got mine today and just opened up my PC to install it - on powering up I got a CPU warning on my motherboard - "Oh no! I've gotten a dud!" - put the old CPU back in to get it working again - CPU warning still "Oh no! Dead motherboard!" :(

Soldato
Got mine today and just opened up my PC to install it - on powering up I got a CPU warning on my motherboard - "Oh no! I've gotten a dud!" - put the old CPU back in to get it working again - CPU warning still "Oh no! Dead motherboard!" :(

Obvious question but have you updated your BIOS?

Soldato
Yeah - a few days ago - was working fine before with a 5600X in it - now I get the CPU light with both.

I suspect it's a socket issue - had the board a while now.

Knocked a cable powering your motherboard? Bent any pins? Anything fallen in the socket?

Caporegime
Knocked a cable powering your motherboard? Bent any pins? Anything fallen in the socket?
Or in my case, forgot to plug the system memory in?
Double check the basics. I somehow managed to forget to plug the system memory in at first and was thinking the CPU was dead. :cry::o

Associate
I didn't remove anything except the CPU and cooler - no bent pins - the CPU warning light being on for one known working CPU (with that board) and another (presumably) working 5800X3D would seem to indicate my motherboard's had it.

Soldato
I didn't remove anything except the CPU and cooler - no bent pins - the CPU warning light being on for one known working CPU (with that board) and another (presumably) working 5800X3D would seem to indicate my motherboard's had it.

Could be, but if you can be bothered I'd take it all apart and reinstall it.

Back
Top Bottom