• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
You get 100% load on your six-core CPUs. Comment.

YdeEPMc.jpg

true, now just need to video with it showing 100% load throughout the entire game play, Solo and Multiplayer - whilst being captured by a second rig .

also not helping AMD thread with show casing a 9600k at 100% and ' bottlenecked' beating a 16 thread ryzen 2700x overclocked . also noting GPU is being worked harder with intel even though running at 100% on the CPU.

BFV i believe make up 0.5% on Steams library of available games

your really swinging both ways today with AMD hehe

hopefully developers will use DX12 and Vulkan more and code better for it! has done wonders for WoW, Though again shoots upgrading to intel/amd 8 core as now i7 4 core runs it smoothly

Caporegime
So basically 2700x 8/16 £329 and 3700x 8/16 £329 plus 15% IPC

Not worth the upgrade if on 2700x then...as the loss of resale in the 2700...around £129 makes your upgrade to 3700x pointless :p

Permabanned
true, now just need to video with it showing 100% load throughout the entire game play, Solo and Multiplayer - whilst being captured by a second rig .

also not helping AMD thread with show casing a 9600k at 100% and ' bottlenecked' beating a 16 thread ryzen 2700x overclocked . also noting GPU is being worked harder with intel even though running at 100% on the CPU.

BFV i believe make up 0.5% on Steams library of available games

your really swinging both ways today with AMD hehe

hopefully developers will use DX12 and Vulkan more and code better for it! has done wonders for WoW, Though again shoots upgrading to intel/amd 8 core as now i7 4 core runs it smoothly

I learnt my lesson with a quad core that suddenly began stuttering in all games.
100% load at any given moment means that if another Windows process or App asks the CPU for its time, you will get a freeze, or severe stuttering, a driver stop responding and other "beauties".

Associate
I was hoping and expecting 16 core parts at a reasonable price, instead it feels like AMD are intentionally holding back the top SKU's for no particular reason. All the anti Intel vitriol about holding back cpu progress and AMD appear to be doing the exact same thing by drip feeding chips.
A 12 core chip which increases performance by >50% over the previous highest end chip at a price that is $700 less than Intel's equivalent and is the same price as the top end Ryzen 1 series at launch is the kind of drip feeding that many can live with I think.
When was the last time Intel managed that? Hmm.

So basically 2700x 8/16 £329 and 3700x 8/16 £329 plus 15% IPC

Not worth the upgrade if on 2700x then...as the loss of resale in the 2700...around £129 makes your upgrade to 3700x pointless :p
Not everyone buys CPUs on a glorified lease basis; these CPUs aren't targeted at people that bought a 2700X last year.
You comment as if the only legitimate buyer is the one that sells the following year when a newer shinier product is available. These CPUs are targeted at those folk that held onto 2/3/4/5th gen Intel CPUs because Intel still hasn't bothered offering anything compelling. Just read the comments from the owners of those CPUs; pretty unequivocal in their desire purchase Zen 2 CPUs this time around.

Associate
The loss of resale doesn't mean anything to me, but the 15% IPC upgrade doesn't feel like it's enough and the single core clock speed will still be 4.5GHz boost which doesn't feel like it's enough for 100+FPS

15% IPC doesn't feel enough? What?

15% IPC on a Zen+ at 4.2ghz would = 4.8ghz

A Zen2 at 4.4ghz = 5ghz Zen+

A 5ghz Zen+ = 9900k. You telling me a 9900k isn't enough for 100+fps?

Back
Top Bottom