• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Why do people trot out this ridiculous argument?
Hint: when you buy your PS5 your existing PC will not go *poof* and disappear in a puff of smoke.
Or are you telling me that the market for PS5 is exclusively people who do not own a PC? Don't be daft.
The choice is (and always is) between upgrading/rebuilding your existing gaming/productivity PC and buying a PS5.
Most people's productivity PC only needs to be able to run Office and accounting stuff like you say.
Even rebuilding/upgrading your PC will cost much, much more than a PS5. And what will you get for that? You can say "I only have one device! Less cables!" and that's about as good as your argument gets.
I can say "I have two devices that together represent a much, much, much better value for money proposition."

you said the PS5 will kill pc's

More power I bought a 9900k for £499 and sold it 6 weeks later for for £480

then why are your here tell people not to chance parts?

i have seen people sell 6700k's for 7700k's where was you then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The easy shuffle only works when you sell old gen while it still has worth..

Buy a 2700x for £329 sell it for £300 and buy a 3700x ....

It’s all about the timing.

Yeah but I bought my 2600 for what £145 a couple of months ago with a view to upgrading shortly after release but I'm not sure it's worth it now given that the 2600 does a pretty decent job of what I need it to. I get that other chips are different propositions but I was 100% upgrading and now I might just stick with what I have for the time being.

Permabanned
Yeah but I bought my 2600 for what £145 a couple of months ago with a view to upgrading shortly after release but I'm not sure it's worth it now given that the 2600 does a pretty decent job of what I need it to. I get that other chips are different propositions but I was 100% upgrading and now I might just stick with what I have for the time being.

if i have a 2600 i would not switch it for a 3600(x) unless there was a compelling reason. until we see how they overclock. there is no reason to chance right now.
at the current used prices i may get a 2600x now and not a 3600x but i will wait a little longer and see how we get on

Soldato
Fingers crossed for some Zen2 support on my Corsshair VI x370. That's the whole reason I bought one of the top boards back in the day, for future support like this.

Think 12c is out the window, that's fine, but hoping for 3700/3800x support

Associate
if i have a 2600 i would not switch it for a 3600(x) unless there was a compelling reason. until we see how they overclock. there is no reason to chance right now.

Yeah I was thinking I was going to only get maybe 60 or 70 quid for it second hand in the next few weeks and the upgrade would be worth it but now I think Ill just stick for the time being at least. It's a capable chip, not stellar by any means but I dont have stellar parts to complement an upgrade so I think the middle of the road is fine for me just now. I get it different for other folks though.

A sub £200 2700 though still looks good value,and is readily available.

Permabanned
Yeah I was thinking I was going to only get maybe 60 or 70 quid for it second hand in the next few weeks and the upgrade would be worth it but now I think Ill just stick for the time being at least. It's a capable chip, not stellar by any means but I dont have stellar parts to complement an upgrade so I think the middle of the road is fine for me just now. I get it different for other folks though.

i sold of my failing x99 rig before prices dropped too much and decided to wait for zen2 so ever way i have a new rig coming.

Ryzen 5 1600 and have it clocked at 3.7Ghz

if it dose everthing you need wait as long as you can AMD prices always drop

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Some serious cash going to be spent if people go for a decent motherboard and CPU. I was thinking £250 for a motherboard and £350 for a CPU would get me a couple of rungs down from the high end. Looks like I need to rethink, the £700 budget could easily climb to £900. Threadripper doesn't look so expensive any more :p

Back
Top Bottom