• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
If the pre order price of that X570 Taichi at the competitor site is less than the cost price I wouldn't expect them to honor it, be very poor business selling stuff at a loss.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Not to put too fine a point on it or that anyone cares but I had a Colonoscopy this morning with no sedation or pain medication. Was all clear, but that was horrendous. So I am VERY feeling in the mindset of treating myself to Zen2.

After that, I hope you managed to get one.

I’m looking at a 3900X in a couple of months myself since discovering my existing mobo won’t support a 3950X.

Soldato
While Intel is still the gamers choice I wonder if "Streamers" will take the slight gaming performance loss, compared to Intel, just so they can all the benefits of the multi-tasking increases Ryzen 3000 has over Intel when you factor in the game, the stream software, discord etc that they need to run?

For myself with an 8 year i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz i was hoping for a little more gaming boost, even to just match the 9900k, as I only game so no productivity stuff for me meaning no real performance benefit other than cost, when I decide to build a new system.

I'll just wait for the other AMD reviews to drop and see if anything else come close to the 9900k.

Associate
Dont usually go with this thought but I think there could be "fine wine" involved with these CPU's. Might be a little bit more in them with updates/bios improvements and RAM tuning too.
Agreed there certainly might! I've seen it happen a few times with AMD GPUs let's hope they pull a rabbit out of a hat!

Soldato
There still a fair bit of work to do with the Windows scheduler it seems.

1% lows seem to drop significantly in multi-thread friendly Battlefield V:
https://youtu.be/z3aEv3EzMyQ?t=417

It seems loading one die/chiplet massively improves this. As the multi-threaded trend continues for gaming I hope this can be addressed.

That discovery needs more investigation. It certainly does look like scheduling is again the main problem with ryzen's gaming performance. It does not make sense that it lags behind in games when IPC is the same as Intel now. Ryzen soundly beats Intel in productivity and Hardware Unboxed has proven that clock for clock the IPC is virtually identical.

Permabanned
People here after Reviews
giphy.gif

Whaaaat ?? Intel is still faster in gaming ??? But AMD slides said they are faster... Again.... hehe

Not bad cpus after 2 hours of review checks. Car wash and wag time.

Associate
What made you go for a x570 taichi over the x470 taichi after watching reviews?

Firstly, I don't want to have to mess around flashing the bios to get it to work (which is a PITA on some boards, or so I've read), and secondly I plan on keeping this build for a while, so it doesn't hurt to have some future proofing with regards to the motherboard. It also looks pretty damned cool. :D

If the pre order price of that X570 Taichi at the competitor site is less than the cost price I wouldn't expect them to honor it, be very poor business selling stuff at a loss.

They don't have to honour it legally, but in my company we always honour pricing, as it's our mistake in the first place. Good customer service is about more than being polite!

Associate
Wonder why they didnt send out 3800x samples?
Could be they want to reveal the strong gaming chip during the week to keep the buzz going, its almost certain the 3800x is going to be a bit faster than the 3700x and with the gap between the 9900k and 3700x being so small... well thats maybe what they are going to do.

Associate
The 3900x is by far the stronger cpu, ok its give and take at the moment with the 9900k for gaming but for outright grunt the 3900x is the boss.

Cant believe some of these power usage figures though, the 3700 using sod all compared to the intel chips ... and the old Zen + stuff. Huge performance per watt improvements.

Associate
Heart is telling me to get x570 Taichi (especially with the lower competitor price) and 3900x but head has all manner of possibilities, mainly to wait, digest reviews, see how things pan out over the next 3-6 months...

Back
Top Bottom