• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Show me where Forrest Narrod did that. Doesn't even look like his job has anything to do with consumer ryzen products.
You are influencing someone who is spending hundreds of pounds based on something you've made up.
Also on you're other post. You have any evidence to suggest that a server socket change is in sync with a desktop socket change and vice versa? Or is that more guesswork presented as a 100% fact.
When you consider that desktop, workstation and server all use the same basic Zen dies that tells you a lot.
Then there's the fact that server is what really pushes the envelope in terms of performance and RAM speed is very important there.
On top of that, Zen 3 is a relatively minor die shrink of Zen 2 in one sense, so don't expect any massive changes if as stated directly by AMD that Zen 3 server is DDR4.
Why would AMD add DDR5 support to Zen 3 and go to all the trouble of validating it and then not use it in the platform that has the most use for it?
As for the socket, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for AMD to change it with Zen 3.
This is speculation but it seems pretty solid.
If someone is naive enough to treat a post on a forum by a random person as gospel and make decisions based on that without due diligence, then they have bigger issues that need to be addressed.

Soldato
When you consider that desktop, workstation and server all use the same basic Zen dies that tells you a lot.
Then there's the fact that server is what really pushes the envelope in terms of performance and RAM speed is very important there.
On top of that, Zen 3 is a relatively minor die shrink of Zen 2 in one sense, so don't expect any massive changes if as stated directly by AMD that Zen 3 server is DDR4.
Why would AMD add DDR5 support to Zen 3 and go to all the trouble of validating it and then not use it in the platform that has the most use for it?
As for the socket, there doesn't seem to be any good reason for AMD to change it with Zen 3.
This is speculation but it seems pretty solid.
If someone is naive enough to treat a post on a forum by a random person as gospel and make decisions based on that without due diligence, then they have bigger issues that need to be addressed.

But not once in your post do you act like you know for sure or you've been told for sure and that is what has generally been said in this thread (including me). There's been a more complex discussion on what might cause a socket change and whether a socket change is likely or impossible next year.

The other poster was not willing to move from their 100% position, when in reality they aren't even close to that. It's always interesting when someone posts something with such certainty because most (note not all :p) they don't have that degree of confidence and are massively exaggerating. When we peel the evidence he posted back it is actually quite tenuous.

The other poster is expecting good advice and not have to tread around half truths and exaggerations without hoping someone will call it out.

Associate
I'm still deciding whether I want to upgrade my main 9600k machine to Ryzen, or just slot in a higher intel on my Z390M. I like the idea of having x570, though, because it gives me the option of Gen4 SSD, and it's 7nm (hopefully Ryzen will finally run cooler than Intel, and I run Small Form Factor, so temps are important).

Associate
I'm still deciding whether I want to upgrade my main 9600k machine to Ryzen, or just slot in a higher intel on my Z390M. I like the idea of having x570, though, because it gives me the option of Gen4 SSD, and it's 7nm (hopefully Ryzen will finally run cooler than Intel, and I run Small Form Factor, so temps are important).
Hope for price drops and try to get a cheap 9900k. If there is such a thing.

Soldato
That link last page with 3600 at 4.2 ac and 1.4v at 70c, I wonder what cooler as it seems very unlikely a 12c part would sustain anything like 4.5 unless on water. That's unless he's using low end air.

The Wraith Stealth. It is the same cooler which comes with the Ryzen 5 2600. In my review of the Ryzen 5 2600 I tested both coolers:
https://i.imgur.com/PPB8bmR.jpg
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/cats-mini-itx-ryzen-5-review.18833557/page-2#post-32193644

TrM

TrM

Associate
It's 7/7 where's the lewds.

it maybe the 7th for us amazing brits:) but unfortunately the world doesnt think we are as important as we do:) usa has a fair few hours left before its the 7th:) and its been said many times and confirmed by people that its 2pm reasle time for store and i belive thats when the nda finshes for youtubers also:)

Soldato
looking forward to the cpu reviews, the mobo's not so much if leaked pricing is anything to go by, the masses will opt for x470 with a updated bios.

i've got the cash for the 3900x and at a push a extra £750 max for a board, so anything under that will be put to a 4000mhz kit of ddr4 ram form ocuk

Associate
I take it you don't own a current Ryzen then ? There isn't a cat in hell's chance that any AMD cpu released tomorrow will pull more power or current than previous gens. What will certainly pull more power and current is the 3950x released in September.

I don't need to own it. Physics can't be cheated.

Also, that 'leaked' review also proves it does use more power, and Haswell also did so versus Ivy Bridge. Nothing new here.

Wait, the guy said that its boosting to 4.2Ghz on all cores, and staying within 65w. I wonder if AMD have changed they boost from single core to all core boost?

I've been saying that for a while. PB2 has no frequency table. The maximum clock is exactly that.

Soldato
looking forward to the cpu reviews, the mobo's not so much if leaked pricing is anything to go by, the masses will opt for x470 with a updated bios.

i've got the cash for the 3900x and at a push a extra £750 max for a board, so anything under that will be put to a 4000mhz kit of ddr4 ram form ocuk

What features do you need from the board? I’m not sure I could be tempted by TR4 for £750.

Back
Top Bottom