• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Got my 3700X today, running it on an Asus X470 Prime Pro. I had updated the bios before hand so the install went incredibly smoothly and everything is up an running great. I would say however that on auto-voltages on this motherboard, its sitting at 1.45v idle which from what I can tell is normal behavior for Zen2 however its still higher than I have liked so I have set a negative offset in the bios and I have done some benchmarks and I have lost no performance while dropping the max idle voltage to 1.330V vs 1.450v.
samame board as me can u tell me what bios version you are using thanks

Permabanned
Got my ryzen 3700x running on my c7 hero, but only a single mouse I have works in the bios and no keyboard. So, I'm currently running at 3200mhz memory at cl22 because I can't adjust any numbers.

Someone tell Asus to get their act together
Wtf You are on 2406 bios?? Everything works in.my case besided ddr boot volteage. If i power down pc i need 2 clear bios boot up and load my working profile.

Associate
Wtf You are on 2406 bios?? Everything works in.my case besided ddr boot volteage. If i power down pc i need 2 clear bios boot up and load my working profile.

Same here it looks like the DRAM voltage resets back to 1.2 volts so fails to boot, have to clear CMOS set the voltage back to 1.35, reset then load my profile and everything works. If your mouse fails to work use the top left USB port and that should fix it. Looks like this BIOS is a bit broken to me but I have all 4 memory banks populated so that may have something to do with it.

Permabanned
4350 all core + 3800cl16 stable :)

3800.jpg

Moving to 4400 and off to work on car see how that goes

Associate
Asus X470 Prime Pro BIOS 5007 is definitely buggy with Ryzen 2. It wouldn't boot with the automatic timings from my 8pack teamgroup 3200 RAM (worked fine with my 2700x). However setting the timings manually to the same ones as the automatic worked and it then booted up running at 3200.

Associate
just did a quick cinebench run I was getting a score of 3808 with my 2700X and now getting 4614 with my 3700X not sure if these are great but obvious improvement!

Associate
1.4v seems a bit higher than I would like to keep it at at this stage of the process (if I had one yet :p). I know they boost higher than that one their own but it's for very brief periods and there are a lot of things being figured out everyday. Not saying 1.4 isn't safe but until things have matured a bit I would personally go lower.

Associate
So tried 3-4 different pbo,xfr,oc configs. Best I could achieve was 4175 allcore, with vcore up to 1.465v, dunno feels similar to ryzen+ (works ,but manual defo better) only difference as we know it doesn't downclock , but puts cores to sleep(idle temp atm with 1.405v 38-45c with noctua d15s). For testing purposes disabled all cores ryzen master would let me(6), put 4450 MHz on the best core, done single core cinebench stable, but score was around 460 ( cause was downclocking and jumping to other active core).Basically will carry on using with the same settings as with 2600x (just higher multiplier and more offset voltage). All in all 4400 most likely will stay for 24/7 use, just need to find stable voltages ( feels like will be around 1.37v ). Latest bios was installed b4, same as amd chipset drivers ( using high performance power plan atm,ryzen balanced works too).And few screens from division 2 benchmark vs 2600x 4.2 allcore.
Jxn3xXu.png
t0uT8Wq.png

Associate
B450 Mortar, BIOS flashback, posted first time.

Into Windows, boosting to max frequency no problem, idle temp 35 degrees with a Noctua NH-U12S.

Formatting with a fresh copy of Windows now. All lovely so far (3700x)

Back
Top Bottom