• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Yeah, this is what they say because it's their strength and the gamers as a community are an easy target to manipulate...
Threadripper was released to target multi-taskers... 64 threads and your Windows will be happy.

The benchies were out and the data collected...

9900k faster in games...

Worth the cost no? But faster yes...

Permabanned
Not if the IPC and clockspeed are noticeably past Intel, but if they can release the 16 core then they should anyway.

That's not gonna happen,

I can't tell if you are saying that is good or bad.

I bought my 2700x either on or close to release & it cost me £299 here at OCUK, 9 months later it's £50 more. I suppose it still looks good compared to Intel's pricing but it's not good for us.

Caporegime
I do love playing Pacman at 360p on my 9900K. I get a full 52478 fps, which is 17432 more than on my 2700X. It's just a shame that my cheapo monitor craps out at 60Hz. I truly can tell the difference too.

its easy to be negative but ...remember many people with modern systems have modern monitors ! so once you have high hz you need that extra bit of juice for the better experience. pubg for eg and other games the difference is night and day on anything from a new i5 upwards to anything offered gaming wise from amd on a cpu. instead of looking at just the cpu differences look at how it may effect games if people want them for gaming. on a old accient 60-75hz monitor yeah not much difference. go to 120hz + thats where you see the intels come into there own. especially in mp games. those 20-30 fps drops on amd or lower general fps just arent generally there on the intel options.

hope we have some news soon with some decent details.

That's not gonna happen,

I bought my 2700x either on or close to release & it cost me £299 here at OCUK, 9 months later it's £50 more. I suppose it still looks good compared to Intel's pricing but it's not good for us.
The price is simply down to ASA (Advertising Srandards Agency) rules; you can't advertise a discount in the UK if the product hasn't be for sale at the higher price for at least 28 consecutive days during the last 6 months.
They will list it as £349 for only 28 days for sure, and then list a huge discount in percentage terms. If they reduce it to £249 then a 28% discount reads better than a 16% discount (from £299).

its easy to be negative but ...remember many people with modern systems have modern monitors ! so once you have high hz you need that extra bit of juice for the better experience. pubg for eg and other games the difference is night and day on anything from a new i5 upwards to anything offered gaming wise from amd on a cpu. instead of looking at just the cpu differences look at how it may effect games if people want them for gaming. on a old accient 60-75hz monitor yeah not much difference. go to 120hz + thats where you see the intels come into there own. especially in mp games. those 20-30 fps drops on amd or lower general fps just arent generally there on the intel options.

Many, but not all.
The majority of folk will cheap out on at least one component of an expensive build, and that then ultimately becomes their bottleneck.
Nowadays, I think it better to choose your monitor first, and then select a CPU and GPU accordingly.
Whilst that top end GPU might be what you 100% have to have, if you're buying a 4K monitor then there's little point in splashing on the most expensive CPU. Likewise, if you're buying that 240Hz monitor, you'll be wanting the best CPU and maybe not quite the best GPU, as the CPU is likely going to be your bottleneck in the type of games that you can hit those fps in.

Associate

https://imgur.com/PNGvuqY

You're not allowed to have ultra quality settings.
One must only play games at their lowest quality settings at their lowest possible resolution. Anything else is just not representative of real life. Even my ultra wide TV screen is set to 4:3 because golden oldies are the best.

Back
Top Bottom