• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
If next gen Console ends up Navi at its rumored GTX 1080 perf and an 8/16 Zen2 chip, then well.... i cant see me keeping my PC beyond needing it for casual web browsing and typing up the odd letter etc.

Associate
If next gen Console ends up Navi at its rumored GTX 1080 perf and an 8/16 Zen2 chip, then well.... i cant see me keeping my PC beyond needing it for casual web browsing and typing up the odd letter etc.

Its almost certain that at least PS will have Navi based GPU, and seeing how current consoles have 8 core CPU, it would be marketing suicide to put in 4core/8thread Zen2 CPU inside "next gen" consoles. So I think it might be either 8core no SMT Zen2 or 8core/16thread Zen2

Soldato

I'm there already tbh. Play most games on XBox One X, really is amazing with HDR and Freesync monitor. Games run like butter. No crashing. No driver updates xD

RDR2 is stunning, Forza H4 too.

Still use my my PC for VR, RTS and web stuff.

Soldato
I'm there already tbh. Play most games on XBox One X, really is amazing with HDR and Freesync monitor. Games run like butter. No crashing. No driver updates xD

I've seen you on PA a few times I think. We need more RTS games :( Ones that can use the processors to their potential.

Soldato
Ah ok, didn;t know any OCUK guys played it. Player base is tiny these days. Great game but needs more players ! I play a match or 2 every day still xD
I stopped playing when the player count got low for doing ranked and everyone got into playing a modded version that I wasn't too keen on and I don't know how to play MLA too good. Used to play ranked a lot got up to uber 8 or 9 at one point. 2v2v2 and FFA were also super fun.

Soldato

Traded my Xbox One for the One X with FH4, FM7 and RDR2 the other week :) so im already there as well, incidentally PUGB and PES2019 are free on Xbox one today, i already own PUBG though, i have about 60 Xbox One games (kids have all the Lego games) including a lot of the stuff on the Gamepass (State of Decay2, Sea of Thieves etc). Im waiting on Grim Dawn, its getting released on Xbox One next year with its new Expansion, i think once that happens that may well be the end of my PC gaming for a good while, atleast until Pantheon comes out or some other MMORPG or ARPG comes to PC and takes my fancy, Warhammer Chaosbane etc.

Currently though im still playing Grim Dawn on my PC most nights, i find it really relaxing to play, its very repetitive but i enjoy the loot farm, once i kit out my current character i will prob go back to playing RDR2 or something on the One X.

Next Gen consoles may mean i just dont upgrade my PC ever again.

Soldato
Traded my Xbox One for the One X with FH4, FM7 and RDR2 the other week :) so im already there as well, incidentally PUGB and PES2019 are free on Xbox one today, i already own PUBG though, i have about 60 Xbox One games (kids have all the Lego games) including a lot of the stuff on the Gamepass (State of Decay2, Sea of Thieves etc). Im waiting on Grim Dawn, its getting released on Xbox One next year with its new Expansion, i think once that happens that may well be the end of my PC gaming for a good while, atleast until Pantheon comes out or some other MMORPG or ARPG comes to PC and takes my fancy, Warhammer Chaosbane etc.

Currently though im still playing Grim Dawn on my PC most nights, i find it really relaxing to play, its very repetitive but i enjoy the loot farm, once i kit out my current character i will prob go back to playing RDR2 or something on the One X.

Next Gen consoles may mean i just dont upgrade my PC ever again.

Makes sense considering the pricing these days. Quite happy to bow out of high end GPU's until things hopefully normalize. But not to bothered cos I would rather have a PS5 and next Xbox than a RTX 2080 TI or it's next iteration. Probably be cheaper to buy both next gen consoles and a 4K / freesync screen to go with them. Pricing is that bonkers now xD

Soldato
yeah some people dont realise that consoles are catching up on pc...
i mean frame rate and resolution are only a pc`s redeeming factors when comparing both and are much much more in price
its not like i was 5 years ago lol

and ps5 or xbx1x or what ever they call it will be even better frames and lets face facts here there is a not a hell of a lot of difference between real 4k and the consoles 4k not when your sat 10 feet away from a 55" OLED lol

Permabanned
yeah some people dont realise that consoles are catching up on pc...
i mean frame rate and resolution are only a pc`s redeeming factors when comparing both and are much much more in price
its not like i was 5 years ago lol

and ps5 or xbx1x or what ever they call it will be even better frames and lets face facts here there is a not a hell of a lot of difference between real 4k and the consoles 4k not when your sat 10 feet away from a 55" OLED lol

How exactly does an 8-core Jaguar-based APU that is in the PlayStation catch up with the likes of Ryzen 7 2700X or Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and Radeon Vega 64 or RTX 2080 Ti? :eek:

Look, even if the next-gen console APU is Zen 2/3-based, it will be severely bottlenecked by its TDP.

Soldato
I'm SO glad I held off from buying Zen/Zen+ or a 8th/9th gen Intel. I had a gut feeling a Zen2 would prove to be absolutely immense :)
We don't know that yet as IPC and clock speed has not been officially revealed. It does sound good so far.

But i mean it should at least be on par core for core with Intel, they are using 7nm afterall, would be embarrassing otherwise with Intel being on 14nm?

Soldato
We don't know that yet as IPC and clock speed has not been officially revealed. It does sound good so far.

But i mean it should at least be on par core for core with Intel, they are using 7nm afterall, would be embarrassing otherwise with Intel being on 14nm?

Yes of course following the hype a little right now but I do really think it will be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom