1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000)

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by Jamin280672, Jul 20, 2018.

1. LePhuronn

Mobster

2. Rossi~

Capodecina

Lisa Su will be revealing stuff at Computex on 27th May.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/mi..._will_host_computex_2019_s_premiere_keynote/1

3. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

not sure if this has been posted up yet

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-x570-and-x499-motherboards-listed-at-eec

and if some of your recall, last month I stated X570 vrm is better then Z390s .

now its not hard to put the z390 list and the above list and 'predict' the VRM style/count/cooling etc.

happy days

* if your an asus fan... just remove the Aorus for Asus and you'll have their boards...

also see the amount Gigabyte is now throwing at Ryzen 3000. X370 had a few but X470 was rather limited :(
    Quick fact, Gigabyte were actually the largest Board supplier/seller for AM3/FM2 :)

4. Grim5

Hitman

Good to see more 10gbe boards

5. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

I think so too. As usual AMD just delays and delays. The motherboard excuse seems pointless - why not release the 65w and 95w models now then? It wouldn't surprise me the bigger issue might be clockspeeds,ie,what they got back from the fabs was not quite what they expected. It's usually the reason AMD delays stuff.

6. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

always been set for Q3 , first week or two from Q4 last year .

looking at motherboards being developed, AMD didn't screw up engineering samples like they did with Zen1 Gen 1 ... hopefully Second set of Engineering samples sent out ( all leaked benches on first batch) can be pushed higher !
    this time around It's known knowledge of RAM Speed effecting performance of Zen 1 , vendors can get good ram support if or hopefully not, faster speeds can effect performance

7. MaXxBoulton

Hitman

Yep we have been over this before in this same thread. 1080p is still the most used res out.

8. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

Every rumour said summer.Summer has already started.

9. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

10. LePhuronn

Mobster

Simultaneously LAUNCH Ryzen and UNVEIL Navi.

Navi is not launching in June.

11. Journey

Soldato

Yet ironically, more than 85% of users are still using a GPU that is less powerful than a GTX 1070/Vega 56 (according to the same survey), so all they need is a 4c/8t CPU at 4Ghz to get the most from their cards. So I guess that not one of them needs a Ryzen 3000 series CPU at all, stick with the i7 2600K etc. ;)

12. Troezar

Mobster

Summer where? It's a big world ;) Seriously though I think most people consider "summer" to be the warmer months here in the UK, June, July, August. I was definitely expecting July as I think June was mentioned at one point.

13. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

roadmaps :D though.. to be fair they always change and just as bad as rumors ! each year in January - you can spot a migration of AIB staff heading towards Taiwan for yearly roadmaps , how they often leak out

14. ljt

Mobster

Eh? Did I miss spring? lol I thought it only just turned spring in March?

15. Rossi~

Capodecina

LOL :D

16. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

I blame my keyboard! :D

17. CuriousTomCat

Hitman

You do realise that summer starts on 21st June and ends 23rd September? So yes, Ryzen 3000 should come out in the summer as planned.

18. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

You do realise I just made a post right after the next one regarding the latest release date. You might want to read that too! :D

I do find it interesting people are adjusting their expectations now.

Last year everyone was so sure it would be 12 months from the launch of 12NM Ryzen
    (April 2019),then it was June which is 15 months,now its close to 18 months with the end of September.

:p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  19. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

newer intel stuff out near christmas a delay that bad wouldnt be great.

20. LePhuronn

Mobster

That's because Ryzen 1 came out in March, Ryzen 2 came out in April because the planned March release was delayed a month, so why wouldn't Ryzen 3 be out in the same timeframe?

AMD saying "mid 2019" now means June/July, but if the apparent X570 chipset issues continue past June we could conceivably see August/September because it's clear that AMD want to launch Ryzen 3 with the new motherboards. Which would be annoying because the CPU is clearly ready to go given that EPYC Rome is shipping soon.