• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Intel aint the ones sitting on less than 20% market share. AMD aint shaking anything up at that pricing.
You mean you would prefer if they were cheaper?
AMD are selling chips just dandy (see above graph). They will charge what people are willing to pay.
And I can assure you a 12/24 chip that meets or beats the 9900k in gaming will FLY off the shelves at £400. Mark my words.

I'm not sure that 12/16c SKU pricing is even remotely relevant to an AMD desktop comeback. Firstly, they're already selling 2:1 with Zen+. Secondly, the mid-range is where the market is at. Thirdly, AMD are moving the mid-range to 8c, which coincidentally is where Intel's top-end is at. Finally, AMD's mid-range pricing will be significantly below Intel's equivalent core count parts...for the same/better performance levels.

Permabanned
AMD are selling chips just dandy (see above graph).

Dream on. This is only one retailer in one country. If you ask salesmen from OcUK, they will show you the opposite numbers, @Gibbo himself several days ago admitted they sold over 4000 pieces of 9900... This is crazy.

Also, AMD market share currently which inlcudes the much more important OEM market is around 15%, with servers it is less than 3%!.

Soldato
Some of the expectations on this thread are mind blowing!

32c/64t chip running at 7.0ghz but i'll only pay £199.00 for it because its AMD! :rolleyes:
Your exaggeration obfuscates your intent and suggests you've completely missed the point.

Nobody is saying they want ridiculously powerful CPUs for ridiculously little money because it's AMD. What people are trying to get across is AMD do not need to adopt Intel pricing strategies to turn a profit, and would actually be foolish to do so when they're on the cusp of blowing the industry apart and regaining massive market and mind share. AMD are still seen as the cheap-ass, garage company selling crap for cheap because that'a the only way they can make a buck.

If AMD suddenly start charging £500 for a 12 core CPU then they will be laughed out of the building for the sheer audacity of trying to charge Intel money for their woeful joke products.

Soldato
Your exaggeration obfuscates your intent and suggests you've completely missed the point.

Nobody is saying they want ridiculously powerful CPUs for ridiculously little money because it's AMD. What people are trying to get across is AMD do not need to adopt Intel pricing strategies to turn a profit, and would actually be foolish to do so when they're on the cusp of blowing the industry apart and regaining massive market and mind share. AMD are still seen as the cheap-ass, garage company selling crap for cheap because that'a the only way they can make a buck.

If AMD suddenly start charging £500 for a 12 core CPU then they will be laughed out of the building for the sheer audacity of trying to charge Intel money for their woeful joke products.
Only Intel fanboys see AMD this way. A tiny sect of real world markets.
Dell, CRAY etc don't have such narrow minded problems.

Associate

My exaggeration makes my point. On the other hand your use of sesquipedalian terms makes you look foolish.

If they genuinely have a ground breaking product (and I hope they do as I'll be buying it) then they are entitled to price accordingly (not saying I want this as no consumer does).

Soldato
Only Intel fanboys see AMD this way
The prevalence of ignorance is higher than you suggest amongst the great unwashed masses. Anybody interested in getting a computer will be aware of "Intel Inside" at some level because of its ubiquity. Those who simply "don't know computers" can be educated though, especially with entry-level desktops and laptops all rocking Picasso APUs and 6-core Matisse CPUs with RX 570s.

Soldato
On the other hand your use of sesquipedalian terms makes you look foolish.
Forgive me for having a modicum of intelligence and take some pride in actually using full words online. I'll be sure to post like a monosyllabic retard in future for you. Although the unintentional hypocrisy in your rebuttal is delicious.

If they genuinely have a ground breaking product (and I hope they do as I'll be buying it) then they are entitled to price accordingly (not saying I want this as no consumer does).
Entitled perhaps, but entitlement doesn't justify poor choices. And in the face of mindshare so entrenched it verges on prejudice, charging Intel money will be very much a poor choice.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a £500 12c/24t Ryzen 3 will fly off the shelves. Hell, if Intel fanbois can drop £600 on a 9900K and £250 mobo to match then anything's possible.

Soldato
I just want pics of Gigabytes X570 boards. Oh an confirmed Zen 2 Specs, gaming perf and costs.
but they haven't been officially released yet so how would you get them ?

Instead you should join in on the squabbling in this thread, based on (some) educated guessing, lots of wild assumptions, various information leaks (which cannot obviously be 100% verified) and then some outright lies :D

Back
Top Bottom