• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
but they haven't been officially released yet so how would you get them ?
A-burst-pipe-008.jpg

Being able to dictate pricing at the top-end is a nice position to be in. Having the best product will afford AMD the luxury of being able to charge a premium if they so wish. However, that is not to say that doing so would be the best option. One thing to consider is how well your competitor is able to compete within your own pricing structure. If AMD start charging 9900K prices for the 12c models then that for me is a missed opportunity. The aim should be to force Intel to drastically reduce 9900K pricing, and that likely entails a 12c at £50-75 less than the 9900K, and 8c at £125-200 less than the 9900K as an absolute minimum. AMD should be forcing Intel down to price points where they cannot go, taking advantage of their cost model associated with their radical design choices. Go straight for the jugular.
Of course, Intel will never be knocked for six simply because of the scale of their operations. They can however be cut down in size for long enough for AMD to properly get a long term foothold.

Soldato
What am I supposed to be saying? lol
Have i added up: cryptic comment + leak pic + 'knowing wink' gif and misinterpreted their total meaning?

If so, i shall lower my excitement level to defcon 5 and wander off muttering your name with disgruntled disappointment. :D

Soldato
Being able to dictate pricing at the top-end is a nice position to be in. Having the best product will afford AMD the luxury of being able to charge a premium if they so wish. However, that is not to say that doing so would be the best option. One thing to consider is how well your competitor is able to compete within your own pricing structure. If AMD start charging 9900K prices for the 12c models then that for me is a missed opportunity. The aim should be to force Intel to drastically reduce 9900K pricing, and that likely entails a 12c at £50-75 less than the 9900K, and 8c at £125-200 less than the 9900K as an absolute minimum. AMD should be forcing Intel down to price points where they cannot go, taking advantage of their cost model associated with their radical design choices. Go straight for the jugular.
Of course, Intel will never be knocked for six simply because of the scale of their operations. They can however be cut down in size for long enough for AMD to properly get a long term foothold.
Furthermore, I've suggested in the past that given there's mindshare to fight against too, a significant shift in the pricing of the performance tiers will send the wrong message as well.

For argument's sake, the Ryzen 7 tier is getting bumped to 12 cores. Your suggestion of selling a 12c/24t for £75 less than a 9900K would actually see the Ryzen 7 tier increase in price by £100. How do you justify that to the common consumer?

Of course this argument assumes the tiers are getting core counts increased. If AMD keep Ryzen 7 at 8 cores then even a small bump in price to reflect inflation and improvements over the previous gen would still see it £150 less than the 9900K as per your suggestion.

Soldato
It's very worrying to see how the thread is occupied by the trolls and their comments still stay instead of being thrown into the recycle.
Oblivion007, Plec, beany_bot do nothing but trolling now.
/ironically - pushed off topic.

Eh?

I just misinterpreted some light hearted posts - no harm, no foul by either. You on the other hand...

/end - as this will end up daft.

Back
Top Bottom