• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

In an AMD biased synthetic benchmark, well done. Let's see real world gaming

Also they used R15 which I keep seeing, R20 corrected some of the brand bias and should be used over R15
I'm not sure it's correct to label R15 as AMD biased. Lets not forget that Intel were the ones that always pushed it hard, and then Ryzen came along showing that AMD could beat Intel at Intel's chosen benchmark.
Is it wrong for AMD to do what Intel did for years?

Caporegime
Does it count as a synthetic benchmark when it's a real widely used application and represents real world render performance for productivity users? For some people gaming comes second.
FPU performance is what determines gaming too (Obviously with some stipulations, if you had a 56 core 1GHZ CPU it'd be pants for gaming but Cinebench multi would be good, although you'd extrapolate and do the single core as well), so I'd say Cinebench is pretty good for that too.

Soldato
^^^^ still been told Aorus ones didn't have Active cooling
Hope your right, Orbi. Still, really, disliking the fans and the MSI looks like it's preparing itself for global warming...

Should be interesting to see heatpipe designs
Yes, looking at the MSI - they're really not playing when they attached the pipe coupled with a fan. How hot are they expecting these things to get: with the M.2/NVMe slots in RAID, or that the PCIe 4.0 slots are greedy on power or combo of both (or whatever the reasons turns out to be for subtlety to be thrown out the window)? The Gigabyte design will be a welcome relief - and fortunately our preferred board. :)

God I missed ABit board designs haha
*Abit kT7xx - /shudders

Soldato
Hope your right, Orbi. Still, really, disliking the fans and the MSI looks like it's preparing itself for global warming...

Yes, looking at the MSI - they're really not playing when they attached the pipe coupled with a fan. How hot are they expecting these things to get: with the M.2/NVMe slots in RAID or that the PCIe 4.0 slots are greedy on power or combo of both or whatever the reasons turn out to be? The Gigabyte design will be a welcome relief - and fortunately our preferred board. :)

*Abit kT7xx - /shudders

MSI over engineering cooling has usually proved to be a good thing ;)

Associate
Do you think guys AMD 3000 series will benefit people playing at 2k 4k ? I always thought CPU speed for those resolutions won't improve adding more GHZ due to the graphics cards bottlenecking.
Will people like me with an AMD 2600 and playing ultrawide resolutions benefit with a new AMD 3000 ?

Thanks

Soldato
Do you think guys AMD 3000 series will benefit people playing at 2k 4k ? I always thought CPU speed for those resolutions won't improve adding more GHZ due to the graphics cards bottlenecking.
Will people like me with an AMD 2600 and playing ultrawide resolutions benefit with a new AMD 3000 ?

Thanks
Good question. Always hard to say because people benchmark CPU's at 480p running Leisure Suit Larry. Hence why people still buy Intel.
Alas I think you might get some improvement, but might still be bottlenecked by the GPU.

Soldato

Thanks

2k@144Hz is much more demanding than 1080@60Hz.

A lot of people misunderstand how the CPU/GPU bottleneck battle works. My current 2700x holds back my 1440/144Hz screen, which is why I'm looking to upgrade.

Soldato
Good question. Always hard to say because people benchmark CPU's at 480p running Leisure Suit Larry. Hence why people still buy Intel.
Alas I think you might get some improvement, but might still be bottlenecked by the GPU.

I know the AMD fan is strong in this one, but Intel is faster in gaming at most resolutions. It's only when truly GPU bound that AMD chips perform "the same" give or take. Extra CPU performance is never a bad thing.

I have no allegiance, I use AMD and Intel, don't really game in the modern sense of the word either

Soldato
It depends

He has a 2080ti

Does the 2600 hold back the 2080ti at 4k? Not really, you would still get a boost by moving to a higher clock speed 3000 ryzen cpu but not a huge amount.
If you are planning to get a 3080ti+ etc then it's more likely you will need to upgrade the cpu even at 4k - it's basically when games start running over 80fps that the cpu will become more important

Does the 2600 hold back the 2080ti at 1440p? most definitely yes

Associate
2k@144Hz is much more demanding than 1080@60Hz.

A lot of people misunderstand how the CPU/GPU bottleneck battle works. My current 2700x holds back my 1440/144Hz screen, which is why I'm looking to upgrade.
What do you mean with hold back ? is your CPU at 90-100% usage? what is your GPU usage not 98% but much lower?

I believe more GHz could help increasing low fps making the fps more constant?

Soldato
MSI over engineering cooling has usually proved to be a good thing ;)

z390 xtreme was over engineering with 4 heatpipes and the backplate being its self enough to cool 16 phases :D

but , that Meg does look good and heat pipe design looks impressive along with VRM

guesting is have they stuck with separate hi and low side Mosfets ( 4c029n & 4c024n ) or moved to an Integrated Mosfet like their Godlike ( TDA21462 ) or similar IR components

Yes, looking at the MSI - they're really not playing when they attached the pipe coupled with a fan. How hot are they expecting these things to get: with the M.2/NVMe slots in RAID, or that the PCIe 4.0 slots are greedy on power or combo of both (or whatever the reasons turns out to be for subtlety to be thrown out the window)? The Gigabyte design will be a welcome relief - and fortunately our preferred board. :)

*Abit kT7xx - /shudders

fingers crossed . as I stated few weeks ago, most vendors have slightly improved their VRMs over Z390 with asus being the most . Have a feeling with the Mosfet listed above, they'll stick with the same units as their z390 ACE counter part but increased the count .

going to Pair your Aorus X570 with Aorus NVMe PCIe 4.0 m.2 then ????

Still waiting on Gigabyte leaks. Thats my likely choice. Always liked gigabyte boards.

stated what i count with VRM count - their Japaneses CM is normally the one that leaks official stuff early to Videocardz haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom