• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
You can look at in a few ways. The more value you offer the more the demand on production and the supply chains. The is danger is, if supply outstrips demand value is out the window and the supply chain sets the price for you.
There's no evidence for this being the case in this instance.

I want to remind the room (because I remember) that jigger told us all the 3000 series were "too good", that AMD "left money on the table" and SHOULD have charged more.

Here he is again, saying that AMD should charge more for the 5000 series.

He's either a corporate plant, an AMD shareholder, or has his head screwed on wrong.

He consistently (I'll give him that) tells us that we should be paying MORE for AMD products.

I ask you all... who agrees with him?

You have no idea about the supply situation though do you?
Of course he doesn't :p

Soldato
There's no evidence for this being the case in this instance.

I want to remind the room (because I remember) that jigger told us all the 3000 series were "too good", that AMD "left money on the table" and SHOULD have charged more.

Here he is again, saying that AMD should charge more for the 5000 series.

He's either a corporate plant, an AMD shareholder, or has his head screwed on wrong.

He consistently (I'll give him that) tells us that we should be paying MORE for AMD products.

I ask you all... who agrees with him?

Of course he doesn't :p

Haha. And what happened? I told you at £150 the 3600 was under valued, how many times did I tell you buy? Lol

I’m telling the same again lol. If that set of results is true the 5000 series will sell fast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyway, muppets aside. AMD have somewhat of a history of under pricing to the point that supply outstrips demand. That is detrimental to the buyer.

Associate
You can look at in a few ways. The more value you offer the more the demand on production and the supply chains. The is danger is, if supply outstrips demand value is out the window and the supply chain sets the price for you.
I think that will absolutely happen early on. But after the launch window I think consumers might feel lukewarm at these prices

Associate
I had to have a little chuckle to myself when i saw ^^^^^ this.
Intel spent not a small amount of money to get Passmark to weight results in favour of Intel SKU's. The very first Ryzen 3 to run Passmark 10 blows Intel into the weeds...................oh the irony :D
Is that true, Intel actually paid money to Passmark to favour them? How was that publicised by those parties?

Caporegime
Is that true, Intel actually paid money to Passmark to favour them? How was that publicised by those parties?
No, it never is, usually its discovered when someone digs into the code and finds Intel code that seeks out what type of CPU is running and if its AMD it gimps the performance.
Intel don't even hide it, well, they admit to it in marketing speak, they say the compiler is designed to run best on Intel, or optimised for Intel, the only reason they do that is because they were caught doing it and fined, the courts told them they must tell people they are doing it, so they do, in cynical marketing speak "runs best on Intel"
I don't know if that or anything is happening here, if anything this is more along the lines of it being tuned for Intel's strengths, they just don't have any of those anymore.

Soldato
I think that will absolutely happen early on. But after the launch window I think consumers might feel lukewarm at these prices

I'm not sure, but these chips look like they will appeal to many markets. The master race will probably be foaming at the mouth and the amount frustrated graphics money is still on the table.

Soldato
But the mainstream CPU’s we’re in plentiful supply just the ones that wouldn’t have sold as well. The 1600af and 3300x were a while after the initial launches weren’t they?

So based on your argument the 5600x and 5800x have no reason to be priced higher really.

These don't look like mainstream products. CBA arguing this down to molecules, I've made my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom