• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
what exactly happens for those that can't stand 360p phone video?

Hard wall at 1900mhz Infinity fabric.
PBO maxes out at 46.5x multi using asus enhancement mode @ 1.3v
Manual OC @ 1.25v 4.7ghz all core in cinebench.
4 cores disabled, best two cores enabled does 4.95ghz for geekbench with 3800mhz 12-12-12 memory (assuming using maxmem in windows at 2gb and considerably above daily memory voltage. Still impressive it runs TRCD 12, but shouldn't be considered stable, its a benching setting only.)
Matches an 8700k running 5.9ghz on LN2 @ 4.6ghz 1.2v in cinebench comparing scores on hwbot.
Almost matches a stock 3700x @ 4.6ghz on all cores in cpuz multicore
Should beat a stock 9900k if it can reach 4.85ghz on 6 cores in cpuz multicore
15% higher in cpuz single core than the stock 5.1ghz 10900k at stock clocks/turbo settings
Gets to just under 80c on air in cinebench r15 with an undisclosed air cooler with fan on max (pretty loud, may be an AMD boxed Wraith cooler) running 4.7ghz @ 1.25v
4.75ghz all core ran Cb15 a couple of times before crashing into a black screen restart, attempted up to 1.35v manual set voltage.

No gaming tests or long term stability claims, benches only.

That's what stuck in my mind, there were various other bits at stock and he slowly scaled up to 4.7ghz so you can glean a bit more info if you watch it. :)

Associate
it should be 4k when its fully processed.
Thanks for the video, it answered lots of questions...and that's a damn fine pair of memory sticks you have there too :)

I've no right to ask so don't feel obliged to follow up on this, but if you have chance could you see if the latest chipset driver and ryzen master will allow you to adjust voltages and/or clock speeds per core? Its possible this may only arrive on release day with new software versions (or not at all), its a deal maker for manual overclocking if AMD can now offer what Intel have since 6th gen. It could also be a deal breaker for some if a whole CCD of 6 or 8 cores is limited to the lowest quality core on the die. Doesnt matter if 5 cores can do 5ghz at 1v if the 6th can only do 4ghz at 1.3v and the voltage and multi control is all tied together. With no idea of the potential spread of core quality yet knowing if this was possible or not before release would be a real step up from buying blind.

Thanks again! :)

Associate
With that video it confirmed the 54ns wasn't with tightened sec/tet which is pretty ridiculous. Around 52ns if you did that.

Still need someone with a Gigabyte Version C AGESA board to test the theory that AMD artificially limited FCLK. It actually makes me wonder if they then raised the limit for Zen 2.

Associate
Jumper118 nice memory latency dude... 50ns it´s crazy low... probably close to the World Record on a AMD non APU. I never saw lower than 52ns ( 3300x)

We are going to see sub 50 results.

Associate
I hope hope most of them will do 4.7ghz at just 1.25V, I will be well happy that.
Pretty sure AMD will have learned from the boost clock complaints they got for Ryzen 3000 and have lowballed the box specs slightly. I would expect closer to all cores at box boost clocks should be possible this generation for the vast majority of single CCD cpus under manual overclocks, fun times :)

Soldato
Pretty sure AMD will have learned from the boost clock complaints they got for Ryzen 3000 and have lowballed the box specs slightly. I would expect closer to all cores at box boost clocks should be possible this generation for the vast majority of single CCD cpus under manual overclocks, fun times :)

I honestly don't think this si the case and I do think that it will be just like previous generations of Ryzen and that is fine because it is exactly what it says it should do and people should know that by now tbh.

Soldato

we have one 5950x so far showing 5ghz using pbo (single core not all core)

Soldato
Good job on the video - very informative
Thanks for the video, it answered lots of questions...and that's a damn fine pair of memory sticks you have there too :)

I've no right to ask so don't feel obliged to follow up on this, but if you have chance could you see if the latest chipset driver and ryzen master will allow you to adjust voltages and/or clock speeds per core? Its possible this may only arrive on release day with new software versions (or not at all), its a deal maker for manual overclocking if AMD can now offer what Intel have since 6th gen. It could also be a deal breaker for some if a whole CCD of 6 or 8 cores is limited to the lowest quality core on the die. Doesnt matter if 5 cores can do 5ghz at 1v if the 6th can only do 4ghz at 1.3v and the voltage and multi control is all tied together. With no idea of the potential spread of core quality yet knowing if this was possible or not before release would be a real step up from buying blind.

Thanks again! :)
i have never been able to oc in windows with ryzen master at all. i have always used asus turboV as its much lighter. Honestly when i bought it i didnt think it was going to arrive or be real, so i have much less time to bench and test than i would have liked XD.

I hope hope most of them will do 4.7ghz at just 1.25V, I will be well happy that.
i'm pretty sure they will do that +/-100mhz. we wont know how good mine is compared to other until reviews come out. remeber this is the worst bin out of all the ryzen 5000 series though, so its very possible the 58,59and 5950x will go higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom