• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Going to jump all in with AMD this time around. Tomahawk, 5900X, 6900 XT. Its going to be a blast!

Im thinking of joining the AMD master race too. With everything that’s going on in the world I’m working from home and have a lot more free time. Paying £500-£1000 for a video card to play games seems slightly less obscene.

Soldato
Im thinking of joining the AMD master race too. With everything that’s going on in the world I’m working from home and have a lot more free time. Paying £500-£1000 for a video card to play games seems slightly less obscene.
Trying to convince my girlfriend that I medically need a new PC for about £1500 when I'm supposed to be clearing credit card debt and saving for a house deposit is a huge uphill battle. I've even said she can have my current PC to play House Flipper on to which she responds she doesn't need a gaming PC (even though her current PC is about 12 years old, barely turns on or runs Office). :rolleyes::D No idea how I get around my situation.

Permabanned
Trying to convince my girlfriend that I medically need a new PC for about £1500 when I'm supposed to be clearing credit card debt and saving for a house deposit is a huge uphill battle. I've even said she can have my current PC to play House Flipper on to which she responds she doesn't need a gaming PC (even though her current PC is about 12 years old, barely turns on or runs Office). :rolleyes::D No idea how I get around my situation.

Just do what you think is right. If she is still your girlfriend, then she has no legal right to impose upon you her decisions - nothing is legally shared between the two of you.

Soldato
I really want to order a 5900X but I am on B450 so stuck having to wait until January which is really annoying. I cannot be bothered to upgrade to an X570 just so I can get it a few months early.
You may not have to wait that long as manufacturers can release bios when they like, I think gigabyte have already released a zen 3 compatible bios for their 400 series boards.

Associate
from coolpc taiwan
bHgHcq4.jpg

Given the higher temp of the 5800x is it likely its not getting powered back while under sustained load leading it to higher temps?

Im struggling to think why the lower all core ghz. Whats the main aim of this graph I'm guessing is my question

Soldato
Due to a few failures with my kids PC's I need a CPU, Motherboard and Graphics card. That's green flag with the wife because its helping the kids out, so all is good.

Its been a while since I was hovering over the refresh button on a launch

Soldato
I have been married over 20 years, one thing I learnt : With purchases, its better to seek forgiveness than permission :D

Caporegime
All of the prices for many stores are here to use as comparison: https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-59...cpus-available-today-heres-where-to-buy-them/

Going to jump all in with AMD this time around. Tomahawk, 5900X, 6900 XT. Its going to be a blast!
I was considering 5900x and 6900XT but in the end the 6800XT is only 10-15% slower for 30% cheaper so unless the pricing changes and ends up more similar I will likely go with the 6800XT as I think that there will be a new gen sooner rather than later anyway.

Associate
I'm thinking the same, though it'll be 5600X and 6800. More modest though it'll be a hell of an upgrade from my current machine :p

same if I can get both :p

I got My mortgage first through the gov't help to buy scheme then a PC and a 20' plate motorbike :p IMO house first unless you have spare savings ofc lol

To be fair, we're already in an owned house (not renting) but want a bigger place in a better area! :p

Funny enough we are looking to remortgage to a bigger one now haha! Only been owning it for 4 years lol

Caporegime
Soldato
Associate
Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom