• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I've heard it's pretty rubbish so far.

I mean it didn't work for me, as i explained, but, its a lot better and quicker for manual tweaking than using the BIOS and CoreCycler.

And i know my CPU is fine with those very high negative curves, the software seems to think so too, all its doing is setting a value and tress testing it, it does that until it finds errors, what it doesn't do is monitor the CPU during idle states, and that's where i have problems, not during stress testing.

Soldato
1RUV72M.jpg

Stable about 1 hour in BF5. i know my mem controller volts are high - it's currently on auto...if anyone has any suggested values please let me know. Mem is currently running at 3733

Caporegime
1RUV72M.jpg

Stable about 1 hour in BF5. i know my mem controller volts are high - it's currently on auto...if anyone has any suggested values please let me know. Mem is currently running at 3733

I would be surprised if you don't get random restarts with negative curves as high as that, if you don't i want to know what PSU you're running?

Your Mem controller volts are not actually that high, i would not run anything higher but its not too high, you could try for 1.42v or even 1.4v but i wouldn't worry about 1.45v.

Associate
i have a theory, not a new one for me, during idle states the CPU cores draw only tiny fractions of a watt, like 0.02 watts, either the PSU or the OS is not detecting any activity from the CPU, the power draw is too low so it just shuts off
nah, it is the good old "not enough voltage for the clock speed"
It is just that with curve optimiser it is more likely that unstable clock/voltage combination is not reached very often. Usually in intermittent/low load situation, which makes it tricky to test.

Soldato
Hello Gents,

Quick question. How well does the 5900X or 5950X work on the B450 tomahawk? Is the tomahawk able to provide them with a steady power delivery if they are running at full whack for hours. What about if the RAM slot is fully populated with 128GB?
Or Am I better off selling them CPU and MB in MM and getting a 500 series board?

Soldato
Hello Gents,

Quick question. How well does the 5900X or 5950X work on the B450 tomahawk? Is the tomahawk able to provide them with a steady power delivery if they are running at full whack for hours. What about if the RAM slot is fully populated with 128GB?
Or Am I better off selling them CPU and MB in MM and getting a 500 series board?

Should be fine. B450 Tomahawk has good power delivery.

Soldato
Keeping up with these prices drops is hard work, yet more on the 5900X/5950X at ~£325/£415, looks like the 5800X is also coming down at £265, so AMD much really have some stock to shift. Although it does look like the UK pricing is lagging behind as usual, or the normal rip-off Britain as people like to claim maybe?

Associate
Keeping up with these prices drops is hard work, yet more on the 5900X/5950X at ~£325/£415, looks like the 5800X is also coming down at £265, so AMD much really have some stock to shift. Although it does look like the UK pricing is lagging behind as usual, or the normal rip-off Britain as people like to claim maybe?
wow, a £415 would be an amazing deal for the 5950x - cant see that to be honest. However is there another price reducion due? so we might see the 5950x well under £500?

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom