• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

TrM

TrM

Associate
@LePhuronn

See, told you. Lol.

Some La La Land **** there :p

It's like he does not understand that AMD have a short window to capitalise on this lead and finally bring in some money after suffering all those years in the red and in debt. AMD could easily find themselves in a similar situation as before like the Athlon days if Intel manage to bring in huge IPC improvements and when they finally reach 7nm. They do have Keller now after all and his work will probably start kicking in in the next few years.

I expect intel to pull ahead of amd again in a few years. I think amd will ah e the lead in 2020 and 2021 though.
Intel are to big and keeped to many people and companies out of the x86 platform to just surrender to amd or anyone other company. I would imagine they will outspend amd 10 or 20 to one of the next few years to regain there supremacy.

I jist find it amazing at the moment that we’re talking about amd competing with intel at all levels even talking about ryzen 9 vs i9 9900k surprising when until a 2017 the only real question was do I need hyperthreading for my top end gaming system. Amd only ever got mentioned in budget builds vs i3 and lower i5

I hope amd stay competitive though as shaving a choice between companies is much better for us just look at what intel have done with 8700k and 9900k vs so many refreshes before of same old 4 core and 4/8 cpus

Soldato
It's like he does not understand that AMD have a short window to capitalise on this lead and finally bring in some money after suffering all those years in the red and in debt. AMD could easily find themselves in a similar situation as before like the Athlon days if Intel manage to bring in huge IPC improvements and when they finally reach 7nm. They do have Keller now after all and his work will probably start kicking in in the next few years.
Especially consider that AMD are nowhere near a position to retain market domination. Right now, Intel are getting humiliated but all it would take is for them to stop swinging their dicks about, drop the arrogance and actually put some work in and it could all change. Slash the 9000 series prices to undercut the 3600, 3700 and 3800 where it should be, do the same with Comet Lake. Get off the high horse and actually talk to TSMC or Samsung about using their 7nm for the next year or so. AMD would be in serious trouble then.

Part of the reason AMD are not sitting still is because they have to be paranoid that they've woken a sleeping giant and in 12-18 months Intel will return full force and batter them. But over the next 12-18 months fill those coffers, increase mindshare, get the new server contracts and maybe, must maybe, have a bit of coin to keep punching Intel down.

Permabanned
amd being out of the cpu high end market for over 10 years allowed intel to get a stranglehold on the cpu market and dodgy buisness practices didn’t hurt either.

yes intel will allways sell more cpu then amd. Amd are the underdog. Intel is the more recognised brand yes I don’t doubt these and I even agree with you on all the points made.

but does that mean that intel cpu are better? No it does not. As for amd moving 6/12 threads down to ryzen 3 prices why? Does a intel i5 non k here at 3600 price beat a ryzen 3600 in any meaningful way ? No it does’ doesn’t oc gaming performance is non exaistance at that price point becouse a Nvidia 1060 or amd 580 type of gpu be the limiting after even 2060 is also. And before u link some YouTube benchmark at me who is using a mighty 2080ti who is there right mind will buy a 1K plus gpu for a 200 pound ryzen 3600 or what ever intel is at that price?

amd are a company who wants to make money they have a very compatible and leading performance at every price level atm why would they bring out a ryzen 3 6/12 cpu and then move the ryzen 8/16 cpu down to a 200 pound cpu. There is no need to in my view and only my view this is amd have beaten And matches intel at each price point and the ryzen 3900x for the price I paid was a much better option then a 9900k. Now not everyone will agree with me on that point and I don’t expect anyone too!

I agree that AMD needs to make money but in order to make money, they need volume of sales which they don't have right now.
Their lead in performance is extremely thin, they need a revolutionary jump in performance which will stop all or most of the intel sales.

Keller manages only to equal the IPC between AMD and intel, and no one guarantees that he will bring anything to intel in the next 5 years.
That is a very weak speculation.

Soldato
they need volume of sales which they don't have right now
Stop looking at retail sales for Johnny Consumer. We get the junk binning because our sales don't matter. Server is where the money is. Go find the server numbers.

You keep crying about how the 3900X was expensive and never available. That's because all the half-decent 6 and 8 core chiplets go into EPYC. Why would you waste 8 6 core chiplets on 4 3900Xs and only sell them for £2,000 when you can use them all in a single EPYC and sell it for £5,000+?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Stop looking at retail sales for Johnny Consumer. We get the junk binning because our sales don't matter. Server is where the money is. Go find the server numbers.

You keep crying about how the 3900X was expensive and never available. That's because all the half-decent 6 and 8 core chiplets go into EPYC. Why would you waste 8 6 core chiplets on 4 3900Xs and only sell them for £2,000 when you can use them all in a single EPYC and sell it for £5,000+?
Dude, he does not care about the business side of it. He just wants AMD to sell him a 3900X for tree fiddy :p

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

You're really getting desperate now. Just give it up already, the small-minded blinkered opinion you have is tiresome and just wrong.

Lol just to try make the numbers seem a bigger difference, he said 16 thread for amd and 6 THREAD for the i5, when its a 6core/12 thread... Pathetic

Permabanned
Lol just to try make the numbers seem a bigger difference, he said 16 thread for amd and 6 THREAD for the i5, when its a 6core/12 thread... Pathetic

i5-9600K and i5-8600K are 6-core processors without any hyper-threading enabled. Go check your specs page :D at https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-9600k-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html

The ignore feature works beautifully :eek::

Beautiful-thread-Love-it.png

Soldato

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

This will be a tough sell considering the following year its going to be AM5 with the 5nm process, I feel like most people will hold off the year upgrading to go for the new socket and architecture

Associate
I suspect they will push for 5 on the 4000 series, they are not that far off at the moment - 4.8 yeah even 4.9 could well be a certainty and 5big ones might be there as well on top sku bins.
a 10% rise in ipc is prob on the cards, add in a near 10% frequency bump and its not too bad an update, although not as good as the 3k one.

Back
Top Bottom