• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
What you using that many drives for? Video editing/storage or some kind of uber NAS?

I'll be doing a computer rotation, Ryzen will become my main PC for gaming and video editing, current 2500k will become my NAS / HTPC, and my FX6300 will be given to my friend :) Just hoping the parts aren't delayed too much, I have sod all to do this weekend but I have a feeling I won't make the first batch as I didn't order my 1700X and mobo until Saturday...

I've yet to order and wont until i get back from work on the 2nd. So i'll probably not get anything until the end of March, mind you will give me time to order a NZXT AM4 bracket... mind you i'm probably gonna get the Asus Crosshair so kinda no need for it.

Associate
What you using that many drives for? Video editing/storage or some kind of uber NAS?

I'll be doing a computer rotation, Ryzen will become my main PC for gaming and video editing, current 2500k will become my NAS / HTPC, and my FX6300 will be given to my friend :) Just hoping the parts aren't delayed too much, I have sod all to do this weekend but I have a feeling I won't make the first batch as I didn't order my 1700X and mobo until Saturday...
all my movie discs are now on hdd's :) i have 4 8tb's and 1 4tb and thats only going to grow over the years (though the price of the 8tb's has jumped since i purchased mine for some reason)

i havent purchased any parts yet im waiting till i see a review or 12, a complete new build is a rarity to me so i want to be sure.

Associate
i have one part on the way, a am4 bracket for the dark rock pro 3 ;), dont even have the cooler yet either, but il have a bracket in my hands reading the reviews :) (that's not a euphemism)

Associate
Just noticed on an American retailers website they have the Crosshair listed as having a release date of 09/03/2017 and the Carbon as 07/03/2017. Also noticed another UK supplier with an ETA of 08/03 for the TaiChi

Associate
does anyone think intel will be rattled enough after ryzen launch, if its everything amd says it is, that intel will do some drastic price cuts, because i hope they have more of an answer than the 7740k

Associate
I can confirm that the poster of the 10,000th reply in this thread will receive Blessing of Keller, enabling their chip to reach 5GHz on air.

I heard if we get to 20,000 replies before the NDA lifts they will unlock all the chips to 1900X which has support for AVX1024 and has a base clock of 5GHz

Soldato
I might just reuse my Noctua NH-D14 if I do upgrade. Should do a stellar job?

Is there a big performance difference between the 14 and the 15?

Would you spend the £75 on a new Noctua NH-D15 when you already have a 14?

Back
Top Bottom