American Biscuits

Caporegime
Is there a way to make these with easy to obtain ingredients from the large supermarkets?

I've read that they are basically scones without the sugar, is that correct?

Soldato
Scones without sugar. So savoury scones.
Americans love to thing everything is done by them first.
I love cheese and onion scones.

Caporegime
Scones without the sugar, which they typcially cover in honey or dip in some hideous white concoction they refer to as gravy but resembles congealed monkey vomit.

Soldato
There is a bit of an analogue to the humble english dumpling, used in stews absorbing the meat juices ...
made without that white shortening (what is that? trans-fat?) you see on US tv shows when making Biscuits.

...we are still waiting for the Pikes homemade picture

I buy buttermilk for a much more eligible USA contender - pancakes

Associate
It really winds me up for some reason. Takes up room on the plate, tastes awful and does not compliment anything. Never understood the whole American ‘biscuit’ thing. You order something like bbq ribs and fries and it arrives with a stupid big square of bland cake biscuit.

Caporegime
There is a bit of an analogue to the humble english dumpling, used in stews absorbing the meat juices ...
made without that white shortening (what is that? trans-fat?) you see on US tv shows when making Biscuits.

...we are still waiting for the Pikes homemade picture

I buy buttermilk for a much more eligible USA contender - pancakes

Yeah, one thing the americans got right was buttermilk pancakes. British style pancakes are just terrible in comparison.

Soldato
Yeah, one thing the americans got right was buttermilk pancakes. British style pancakes are just terrible in comparison.
British pancake, what's that then. Do you mean french crepe that we call pancakes.
Nearest thing British would be drop scones, or the scotch pancake is what the Americans make with tweaks.
Again Americans love to think they invented everything.

Soldato
Again Americans love to think they invented everything.
are they just left with coca-cola as their contribution to world cuisine ?

American pancakes could be contender on my death row breakfast/puddings ( original thread there?)

- continuing to perfect the 'short stack' buttermilk, some khorasan (!), w/ whipped-cream+Kirkland condiment

31241957177_36944b812f_o_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom