An easy way to polish your alloys.

Soldato
done that before, works a treat. I did nearly break my finger though bending it right back at the finger joint, it still cracks like hell :(

Soldato
it is quite risky, but it turned a ~6 hour job in to a <1 hour job for me (did the first wheel the conventional way, then tried this for the second). Although the extremely painful finger injury dampened my spirits a bit.

Associate
Yep. And nobody ever hurt themselves on a bench grinder :D I've cleaned the rear wheel on my bike this way, with the added thrill of the chain and sprocket, or Gigantic Shuriken Of Hand Amputation if you prefer. But then I am a congenital idiot.

Soldato
"Grow a set a take responsibility for your own actions?"

That guy's utterly retarded. Even a 14 year old school kid in a woodwork class would know that you should use a metal handclamp at the very least rather than have your fingers pressed up against a wheel spinning at 30mph. For him to post something like that is pretty thoughtless as he just increases the risk of people having their fingers sliced off.

Soldato
I'd never use a metal hand clamp, easy to damage the wheel and it would be epic fail if it caught a spoke and got catapulted through your face

Soldato
people who think its dangerous have obviously never dealt with suspension, that is childs play compared to having a hugely tensioned coil spring waiting for an excuse to slip out the spring compressors and remove your head :D

Back
Top Bottom