**AN OLD FAVOURITE RETURNS - POWERBALLS THE PERFECT CRIMBO GIFT!!**

Soldato
Every one of these I've bought (3 so far) has arrived and made a scratching, grinding noise when used. I'm sure it's not right and won't buy any more. :mad:

Associate
Ah the powerball.. Addictive little balls of pain! They're supposed to 'good' for rehabilitation of the wrists or RSI type injuries. In my case, i took it a tad too far and caused myself an injury, ha.

Great fun though, especially the competitive aspect of achieving a higher score than your mate! Peaked at 12,000 ~ and I'm pretty sure i can still flick start it with my thumb too, i must have a another quick go when i get home.

Associate
Every one of these I've bought (3 so far) has arrived and made a scratching, grinding noise when used. I'm sure it's not right and won't buy any more. :mad:

Mine did at first, but for me i found that it was my technique that was a bit off, mostly down to the way i rotated my wrist. I wasn't smooth enough and the gyro ball would grind / bounce in its housing - sounded awful.

Man of Honour
Mine did at first, but for me i found that it was my technique that was a bit off, mostly down to the way i rotated my wrist. I wasn't smooth enough and the gyro ball would grind / bounce in its housing - sounded awful.

Exactly once you get a smooth wrist motion they make a great sound and are very smooth

Soldato
Is there any actual difference between them all or is it just additions of pretty colours?

250 Hz Classic - no LEDs, no RPM Counter

Neon Blue Pro - blue LEDs, RPM Counter

Neon Red Pro - red LEDs, RPM Counter

Neon Green Pro - green LEDs, RPM Counter

Signature Pro - white LEDs, RPM Counter

Fusion Pro - fusion LEDs, RPM Counter

Techno - red and blue fireline LEDs, no digital RPM Counter but there are LEDs integrated in the actual rotor. After a high speed run, the score shows up scrolling across the actual rotor face. It's tricky to do properly.

All of these Powerballs are 250 Hz (meaning they are calibrated at 15,000 RPM) and function in exactly the same way, offering the same workout. The choice is in colour, LEDs, RPM Counter and whether you want the special counter of the Techno. I would recommend a Neon Pro, Signature or Fusion which are all basically the same but with different coloured lights.

Permabanned
Are these any good for warming up?

Usually it takes me a few games of Sc2 before my hands/wrists don't feel too rigid and would be interested in something that could help.

Back
Top Bottom