Analog joystick (Logitech G13) together with a mouse?

Associate
Hi,

I am planning on upgrading my movement controls from WASD to analog, but I am encountering serious issues and vast majority of games doesn't seem to support using analog joystick for movement together with a mouse for camera/aim control at the same time. You either can use only one at a time, so for example if you move with analog you cannot use mouse for camera, or both are working at the same time but conflicting with each other, causing numerous issues. So far I managed to get it to work only in SOTTR.

As I understand I would need to combine a mouse with G13's joystick into one device virtually, but then again, games doesn't seem to be able to take mouse and controller inputs at the same time, so is it even possible without emulating mouse movement to XInput joystick, like Xim Apex does?

Do I have any alternative for Xim Apex to get this to work reliably, like a software solution? Xim has it's drawbacks, like the price or the fact that it emulates mouse to XInput, but it would be useful for games where I would like to get analog movement, and I could always revert to raw input if needed.

Thanks in advance for any tips

P.S. My general issue here is that movement control implementation for keyboard is getting worse and worse, for example in Mad Max you cannot walk or in AC: Origins walk toggle is set to the lowest walk speed which is ridiculously slow, compared to for example some older AC games that had walk, fast walk, run and sprint, so it was enough. These are idiotic oversights, but they happen more and more often, and I getting increasing annoyed by lack of basic functionality like that. This is something that will never get addressed, so I have to try to fix the issue myself. The only solution here seems to be analog movement.

Soldato
Hmm, you can run into similar issues when trying to use the steam controller in such a way. I'm not sure there is an easy way to fix it games that like to use only one input method at a time. Steam Input Configurator gets around it by either emulating joystick movement or by pulsing keyboard movements neither of which are perfect in my experience.
Have you tried to see if steam picks up the G13 and lets you use its (extensive) config options?

Back
Top Bottom