"And Lewis Hamilton WINS the championship!"

Caporegime
Mercedes will win the season, I think that's pretty much in the bag. Hamilton will win baring injury or a string of bad luck.

It doesn't need a string of bad luck, it only needs a blip. It took Hamilton 4 straight race wins to claw back the deficit of a single DNF.

With Rosberg and Hamilton so close a single moment could be the decider.

Soldato
I can see Rosberg pinching it by constantly collecting P2 and capitalising on the times Lewis will end up in a situation that rather than just accept P2 he'll bin it trying desperately for P1

Caporegime
I think Lewis will win the WDC by a mile now we got all the crap tracks out the way.

Ish, still think Rosberg will get another 2 wins, maybe three. No drivers have mistake free years, if you have a top notch car and a "meh" number 2 like Webber than the mistakes rarely cost you, when you have a guy 2 seconds behind you one mistake at a track that you can overtake at can be the win gone.

I always say it, all drivers have their best and worst tracks, Monaco is somewhat of Hamilton's worst, but realistically only worse compared to Nico whose best track is pretty much Monaco. Hamilton has WAY more tracks where he is the better driver than Nico and over the course of the season it should end up not that close. It is that constant 1-2 thing though, Hamilton really needs to get even in terms of DNF's for Nico and get the lead he deserves. He needed 4 wins just to make up for the first race, and then 2 vs every one win just to extend his lead over Rosberg. Which can make that double pointer such a huge deal this year.

Of course Hamilton could DNF once more and Rosberg not finish outside the top 2 all season, luck is luck.

On driving ability and almost certainly number of wins, Hamilton will win and will deserve the title, but this retarded double points.

I think that is why Hamilton is so pee'd off this weekend. Luck has meant winning 4 on the trot gave him a 3 point lead over Nico despite completely out driving him for 5 weekends. Rosberg cheating into pole at a race absolutely dominated by pole position wins is hard to swallow when the season could come down to luck as it is.

If Hamilton won the first race or Rosberg had a DNF before this race and he had a fairly much deserved 25+ point lead then this race would have been a lot less important.

Caporegime
Especially if it comes in the double point debacle race.

You know I had forgotten about that FIA stupidity rule until Brundle mentioned it during the race. If the Mercedes drivers are unbalanced either way due to some bad luck by the time they get to the final race, and its decided simply due to double points, I think I may cancel my SSF1 subscription!

Soldato
Does anyone think Mercedes have a preferred driver for the title? I hadn't thought it before yesterday, just what Lewis said when they didn't call him in the pits "...I knew you guys wouldn't"

German team, German driver?? ;)

Man of Honour
Does anyone think Mercedes have a preferred driver for the title? I hadn't thought it before yesterday, just what Lewis said when they didn't call him in the pits "...I knew you guys wouldn't"

German team, German driver?? ;)

Mercedes prioritise the lead driver. They've said that openly on many occasions.

Soldato
Mercedes prioritise the lead driver. They've said that openly on many occasions.

Exactly. Mercedes want to win the constructors title, a drivers title would be a bonus. They don't mind which driver wins a particular race as long as it's the best result for the team. Hamilton is not the defacto #1 driver, both have equal status.

Back
Top Bottom