Andor (Star Wars)

Soldato
Lewis Gun, MG34, Sterling SMG, Broom Handle C96 Mauser - all of them only slightly tweaked/dressed up (and in some cases with absolutely no dress-up added) - SW has always used very recognisable "Earth" firearms and the AK is no different to the stormtroopers Sterling SMG, a tiny bit of dress-up with a short magazine added, so to call that "lazy and sloppy" feels overly harsh.

Soldato
Lewis Gun, MG34, Sterling SMG, Broom Handle C96 Mauser - all of them only slightly tweaked/dressed up (and in some cases with absolutely no dress-up added) - SW has always used very recognisable "Earth" firearms and the AK is no different to the stormtroopers Sterling SMG, a tiny bit of dress-up with a short magazine added, so to call that "lazy and sloppy" feels overly harsh.
Which had no dress up? Granted the T21 and Lewis were very close but with added coils on the barrel.

Edit: the Mg34 seems to have had very little to no dress up.

But hey using one of the most instantly recognisable gun in the world is lazy and sloppy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Visually it looks head and shoulders above the other recent SW offerings, just have to hope it doesn't suck a dick like Fett and Kenobi although taking one of the more boring characters from r1 and doing a series where he appears to be the main focus is pretty ballsey.

Man of Honour

Most of the guns were either unique or futuristic looking or uncommon and/or reasonably dressed up to look sci-fi - an AK derivate sprayed black doesn't really feel anything but sloppy and lazy.

Soldato
I believe we'll have to agree to disagree there.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Soldato
Some highlights from the 'Andor' Trump script

One of my top generals Terrance I think his name was and he comes in and he says “sir”, he called me sir, “I want to blow up Alderaan with the Death Star” and I say why? And he was this big strong general and he starts crying “because the rebel alliance have the plans to the Death Star and need to make them pay” and I said sure, why not?

“I was on the Death Star when a huge Sith walked up to me, tears in his eyes, and said ‘Mr. Emperor thank you for leading this galaxy. You’ve done tremendous work defeating the rebels’ the rebels, the stinky rebels, they’re little tiny people running around all the time. They come to our galaxy to take jobs, they’re thieves and nerfherders.”

“They said no one could make a Death Star, but I made a Death Star folks. And some say it’s the best best Death Star ever made, not me but people are saying that, I can’t really disagree. And the Separatists folks, they were very bad people I took care of them. Little and weak separatists, but it was tough and we did it.”

Soldato
I really couldn't see the point in a whole series about a character who, to be frank, wasn't a massive draw in the SW world, but that trailer looks "epic" in scale/scope, and the series seemingly being based on the foundation of the Rebels that's a far more interesting idea to me than being based around one relatively bland man so whilst it's not quite "all aboard the hype train", I'm as excited as modern SW can get me, lets just hope it's actually good!

Literal minutes later -

.................and there goes my excitement down the toilet, Good Job SW, Goooooood Joooooob.

I watch "entertainment" to be entertained, to be able to forget what's going on in the world and relax away from all the crap we go through on a daily basis, and somehow, for some reason, the SW producers genuinely think the best way to entertain the largest amount of people (and therefore make the most amount of money) is to smash the extremely divisive politics from the last 6 years into their faces. Are they genuinely expecting that the 47% of Americans (approx 74 million people) who voted Trump in 2020 are going to watch this now? I mean there's a percentage of that 74 million people that may/may not have watched it anyway but now, well thats going to be 0% who watch it I'd guess - what kind of moron makes a financial decision guaranteed to refuse money from up to 74 million people in these difficult financial times :D

Soldato
Literal minutes later -

.................and there goes my excitement down the toilet, Good Job SW, Goooooood Joooooob.

I watch "entertainment" to be entertained, to be able to forget what's going on in the world and relax away from all the crap we go through on a daily basis, and somehow, for some reason, the SW producers genuinely think the best way to entertain the largest amount of people (and therefore make the most amount of money) is to smash the extremely divisive politics from the last 6 years into their faces. Are they genuinely expecting that the 47% of Americans (approx 74 million people) who voted Trump in 2020 are going to watch this now? I mean there's a percentage of that 74 million people that may/may not have watched it anyway but now, well thats going to be 0% who watch it I'd guess - what kind of moron makes a financial decision guaranteed to refuse money from up to 74 million people in these difficult financial times :D
The tiny noisy minority of internet dwellers that get their panties in a bunch over such things don't matter to the bottom line. Most of em will be watching it anyway. The rest don't give a rat's ass if some actor thinks there are real-world parallels to whatever in the script.

It would be pretty incredible if they managed to make a series set in the SW universe, which essentially revolves around the fight against fascism, that you couldn't draw parallels to current affairs with.

Soldato
Visually it looks head and shoulders above the other recent SW offerings, just have to hope it doesn't suck a dick like Fett and Kenobi although taking one of the more boring characters from r1 and doing a series where he appears to be the main focus is pretty ballsey.

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, it'll probably be the typical bait and switch, and Andor will end up running around after the wammin. Like Geralt or Obi Wan or Loki...

Soldato
It would be pretty incredible if they managed to make a series set in the SW universe, which essentially revolves around the fight against fascism, that you couldn't draw parallels to current affairs with.
Well ignoring the false equivalence between trump and facism you do realise he hasn't been a thing for 18 odd months?

Soldato
Oh oh, whingers found something minor to cry about. RIP thread.

Oh oh, chroniclard finding something minor to cry about. RIP thread. :D

You've posted twice in this thread, once to say Andor looks dull and once to complain about people who have posted in here far more times than you, and are therefore seemingly far more invested in this than you, so effectively the issue is just you. It's YOU who keeps coming into other peoples threads, ones which you show very little interest in, just to complain - not about the film/show, but solely to complain about other posters - which makes YOU the whinger, and it's very, very boring to see you repeatedly enter a thread just to attempt to derail it.

Soldato
I don't know what chroniclards going to do when he/she/they look in the Predator: Prey thread - a thread in which yet again they only posted twice just complain about other posters and showed zero personal interest in the film - and see myself and my "fake culture war" ilk enjoying a film with a "strong independent woman" as the lead, it doesn't really help chroniclard's narrative there :D

Soldato
I don't know what chroniclards going to do when he/she/they look in the Predator: Prey thread - a thread in which yet again they only posted twice just complain about other posters and showed zero personal interest in the film - and see myself and my "fake culture war" ilk enjoying a film with a "strong independent woman" as the lead, it doesn't really help chroniclard's narrative there :D
When someone struggles to tell the difference between activism and a well written story that happens to have [insert minority here] I think they are beyond saving.

Back
Top Bottom