Android 11 new update on S10 broke known wireless networks

Soldato
Hopefully someone else has seen this and knows the fix.

Yesterday i updated my S10 to the latest version. Once updated i noticed it wasn't connected to my home wifi. When i tried to connect it manually it just said failed to connect. Only way i could get it working was to forget the network then re-add it. Since then has been working fine.

Got into work this morning and had the same issue on my works wifi. I have a lot of connections as i visit lots of client sites etc and would rather not do this for every one of them. Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
So I cleared cache partition this morning and failed to connect to my in-laws wireless this afternoon. I can't turn off randomised mac as it says failed to save network.

Soldato
OP
Found a few instances of people with the same issue, doesn't look like there is a fix. I'll just deal with each network as i come to it as i really can't be arsed to wipe it.

EDIT

Actually, read that turning on flight mode then disabling it again can fix it or else there is a network settings reset you can do.

Soldato
OP
I've found another problem too. When I use runkeeper to track my jogging it starts working fine but then looks like it stops when my wireless drops then restarts when I'm back home so thinks I've spent 25 minutes moving about 10 metres.

I've since done the network reset. Hopefully that will help. It deletes all the saved wireless networks though.

Back
Top Bottom